Sunday, July 24, 2016

FORMER STEPHEN F. AUSTIN HIGH SCHOOL CLASSMATE AND PERSONAL FRIEND SONA SPEAR NAST, A FIRST-RATE AUSTIN-BASED SOCIAL WORKER AND TREATMENT COUNSELOR FOR SEX-CRIMES CONVICTS, OFFERS HELPFUL DECEMBER 6, 2014, E-MAIL REPLY TO SELF-IDENTIFIED PERSONAL-INJURY-CRIMES AND ANAL-RAPE-CRIMES VICTIM JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN




(EXPLANATORY NOTE: THE RAPE-EVIDENCE KIT TO WHICH SONA SPEAR NAST REFERS IN THE FOLLOWING DECEMBER 6, 2014, REPLY E-MAIL LETTER TO MYSELF IS THE DOCTOR-ORDERED DNA-SWABS SEXUAL ASSAULT FORENSIC MEDICAL EXAM RAPE-EVIDENCE KIT FOR APD SEX CRIMES CASE 11-3550615 THAT WAS OBTAINED FROM MY OWN BODY AT MY REQUEST IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM OF ST. DAVID'S MEDICAL CENTER IN CENTRAL AUSTIN, A FEW BLOCKS FROM THE UT-AUSTIN LAW SCHOOL, IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS OF DEC. 22, 2011. --- jkm)

(From:) Sona Nast

(Date and time:) 12/6/14 at 9:49 p.m.

To John McMillan

(Subject:): re: 12-6-14 thank you, Sona (6)

John,

I'm not sure that I know anyone who can assist you in getting APD to move forward with testing your rape-evidence kit. The only attorneys I know are defense attorneys. I don't think a defense attorney would be able to handle that type of case as their bailiwick is defending someone accused of a crime.

Another thought I have about your situation is that I've read in the paper the lab that does the DNA testing is woefully behind and has a backlog of work. My guess is that APD prioritizes which specimens to test based on what they deem to be a priority. I know that your case is a priority for you and that is understandable, but APD may not see it that way. Have you asked if you can meet with someone from Victim Services at APD? Perhaps a Victim Services counselor would be able to assist you in finding out if APD plans to move forward with your case. I don't want to be too pessimistic but if the crime occurred almost 3 years ago and APD has not moved forward I would take that as an indication that they are not pursuing your case very vigorously.

I can understand that this whole situation is very distressing for you. I'm sorry you have had to go through this. I hope you can try to put it behind you.

Be well,

Sona

Sent from my iPad
Show original message

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.