Sunday, July 24, 2016

FORMER STEPHEN F. AUSTIN HIGH SCHOOL CLASSMATE AND PERSONAL FRIEND SONA SPEAR NAST, A FIRST-RATE AUSTIN-BASED SOCIAL WORKER AND TREATMENT COUNSELOR FOR SEX-CRIMES CONVICTS, OFFERS HELPFUL E-MAIL REPLY TO SELF-IDENTIFIED PERSONAL-INJURY-CRIMES AND ANAL-RAPE-CRIMES VICTIM JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN




(EXPLANATORY NOTE: THE 'APD' THAT SONA SPEAR NAST REFERS TO IN THE FOLLOWING DECEMBER 6, 2014, E-MAIL LETTER TO CRIMINAL-LAW COMPLAINANT AND SELF-IDENTIFIED CONTINUOUS-AND-CONTINUING-DAILY-AND-YEAR-ROUND-PERSONAL-INJURY-CRIMES-AND-ANAL-RAPE-CRIMES VICTIM JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN IS THE "AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT" MUNICIPAL LAW-ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN AUSTIN, TEXAS. THE AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HEADED BY AUSTIN POLICE CHIEF ART ACEVEDO. CHIEF ACEVEDO HAS HELD THAT VERY POWERFUL POSITION WITHIN THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF AUSTIN FOR THE LAST APPROXIMATELY 10-YEAR PERIOD. ART ACEVEDO IS A FORMER HIGH-RANKING OFFICIAL OF THE CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL STATEWIDE LAW-ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN THAT FAR WESTERN U.S. STATE. -- jkm)

(From:) Sona Nast

(Date and time:) 12/6/14 at 9:49 p.m.

To John McMillan

(Subject:): re: 12-6-14 thank you, Sona (6) John,

I'm not sure that I know anyone who can assist you in getting APD to move forward with testing your rape-evidence kit. The only attorneys I know are defense attorneys. I don't think a defense attorney would be able to handle that type of case as their bailiwick is defending someone accused of a crime.

Another thought I have about your situation is that I've read in the paper the lab that does the DNA testing is woefully behind and has a backlog of work. My guess is that APD prioritizes which specimens to test based on what they deem to be a priority. I know that your case is a priority for you and that is understandable, but APD may not see it that way. Have you asked if you can meet with someone from Victim Services at APD? Perhaps a Victim Services counselor would be able to assist you in finding out if APD plans to move forward with your case. I don't want to be too pessimistic but if the crime occurred almost 3 years ago and APD has not moved forward I would take that as an indication that they are not pursuing your case very vigorously.

I can understand that this whole situation is very distressing for you. I'm sorry you have had to go through this. I hope you can try to put it behind you.

Be well,

Sona

Sent from my iPad Show original message

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.