Saturday, February 20, 2016

U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL TO JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN, TEXAS, IN 2008: 'DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR INCOME LEVEL BEING LOW'


John Kevin McMillan

On Monday, December 29, 2008 6:54 AM, "deGraffenried, Leslie S" wrote:

John:

I wouldn't worry too much about what you earn. It seems the more I earn, the more in debt I am...

All the best in 2009.

Les

Les deGraffenried
US Mission to the UN Organizations in Rome
Piazza del Popolo, 18
Tel: (39)-06-4674-3528
e-mail: deGraffenriedLS@state.gov
internet homepage: http://usunrome.usmission.gov
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]

Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:28 PM

To: deGraffenried, Leslie S

Subject: follow-up note & my resume

Dear Leslie,

I would be very grateful to you if you would be willing to share my resume (attached) with any wholesome, law-abiding, honorable employer of which you are aware that might make a good professional match for myself.

Thank you again, Leslie, for your very kindly conveyed interest in my own quality of life and financial earnings capacity in Austin, Texas!

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.

------------------------------------------------

JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN

Address: 11411 Research Boulevard, Apt. 325 .

Austin , Texas 78759 .

Telephone: (512) 342-2295 (please leave message).

E-mail address: mcmillanj@att.net

MY EXTENSIVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE WRITING AND PUBLISHING FIELDS:

Four and one-half months of 2001 as a temporary full-time associate editor on an American History textbook project at the Holt, Rinehart and Winston book publishing company that's affiliated with Harcourt. That position of employment involved lots of proofreading, some copy-editing, some writing work, and some fact-checking research work. Other work experience of mine in the publishing industry includes: Full-time duties as the editor-in-chief and primary reporter and primary photographer for "The Denver City (TX) Press," January 1996 to December 1996. Among the general-circulation newspapers that employed me as a full-time reporter in the 1990s and/or 1980s were: "The Baytown (TX) Sun," "The Pampa (TX) News," " Zapata County (TX) News," "The Big Spring (TX) Herald," "The El Campo (TX) Leader-News," and "The New Ulm (MN) Journal." I was a full-time copy editor for "The Patriot Ledger" daily newspaper in Quincy , Mass. , for one year in the mid-1980s. Approximately 10 total combined years of professional experience as a reporter, editor, columnist, photographer, proofreader, or copy editor for a newspaper or magazine or publishing company.

MY SEVERAL YEARS OF LEGAL SECRETARY-RELATED EXPERIENCE:

Two and one-half years of full-time permanent clerical employment at law-enforcement agencies of the State Government of Texas in Austin , including 1 1/2 total years as a telephone interviewer and scheduler, data-entry clerk, and/or file-retrieval clerk working with legal documents and legal-file entries for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. I was employed for one year as a full-time permanent data-entry/clerical employee working with legal documents for the Texas Department of Public Safety in Austin . Also, I was employed as a temporary full-time data-transcription technician doing assigned copy-editing and assigned word-processing on legal documents for the Texas Legislative Council in Austin for a half-year during 1998-1999. I've also been employed as a full-time or part-time clerical employee and/or or telephone interviewer for the Texas Workforce Commission for several total months in Austin .

MY PRIVATE-SECTOR HUMAN-SERVICES EXPERIENCE:

I was officially employed from November 24, 2001, through March 13, 2002, as a mental-health worker for Brown-Karhan mental health center in Dripping Springs , Texas . My total career experience also includes several combined months of professional experience as a hotel desk clerk in Minneapolis , Minnesota , and in Braintree , Massachusetts , in the early and latter 1980s, respectively. I am currently employed as a part-time waitperson at two chain restaurants in the Austin area. I previously was employed for much of 2002 by Burnett temp service in Austin as a full-time clerical employee doing mail-processing work, data entry, typing, photocopying duties, filing duties, and messenger duties.

MY AWARDS AND TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL DEGREES:

---Selected in 2001 by the American Biographical Institute of Raleigh , North Carolina , to be included in its "Great Minds of the 21st Century" directory.

--- Second Place in a Texas Press Association statewide feature-writing contest, 1990.

---Most Valuable Staff Member, "The Daily Texan" student newspaper at UT-Austin, Summer of 1978.

---National Merit Scholar, Washington University in St. Louis , Missouri , 1975 to 1977.

---Salutatorian, Stephen F. Austin High School , Austin , Texas , May 1975.

---Debate Club President, Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin , Texas , for the 1974-75 school year.

---Many prior years of Spanish instruction, including at college.

---Master's in Journalism and Mass Communications, The University of Minnesota at Minneapolis , June 1984.

---Bachelor's Degree in History, The University of Texas at Austin , May 1979.

SKILLS AND TALENTS OF MINE:

--I can type 79 words per minute, with only two errors, according to a June 2001 typing test administered to me by the Texas Workforce Commission.

--I typed 61 gross words per minute, with a 2 percent error rate, on a legal typing test administered to me on September 25, 2001, by the Human Resources staff of the Texas Attorney General's Office in Austin .

--I received a near-perfect 98 percent score on the spelling test I took with the Texas Workforce Commission in July 2001, with my spelling test result featuring only one total error.

--I have worked with Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, and Windows on IBM-compatible and Macintosh computers at my various workplaces.

--I have very strong writing skills, copy-editing skills, and proofreading skills.

--I can communicate orally in the Spanish language, and I know how to spell in Spanish. I can also write in Spanish at an intermediate level.

--I excel at creative brainstorming and in generating ideas for my employer.

--I excel at telephone interviewing and in-person interviewing of other persons.

John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.