Saturday, January 9, 2016

ELDER WILLIAM BREWSTER SOCIETY OFFICIAL IN AUGUST 2008 ADVISES ME IN WRITING NOT TO INVOLVE THAT NON-PROFIT GROUP OF MINE WITH ANY POLITICAL ACTIVITIES BEING PURSUED BY MYSELF




On Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:04 AM, "GThomp5749@aol.com" wrote:

Hi John:

I hope you weren't offended.. But, we must not assign ourselves with any kind of political activities, or other activities that could give the opinion that our society supports any kind of political ideas. By using our name, you are in fact, giving some people the impression that the William Brewster Society has approved your opinions and goals, when in fact, we actually know nothing about them. Please understand our position.

Please feel free to contact Mr. Art Young, at ayoung03@nycap.rr.com or ayoung03@verizon.net I had two emails from him and are not sure which one works, as I haven't been in contact with him for a while.

Sincerely, and no offense intended.

Gregory Evan Thompson

Brewster Society Historian and membership Chairman.

______

In a message dated 8/21/2008 10:43:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mcmillanj@att.net writes:

Dear Mr. Thompson,

I hope you will not mind my offering you a respectful response to your E-mail letter of today. It seems to me that conscientious conduct inspired by the legacy of Rev. Brewster can, in its own way, honor the life of Rev. Brewster.

I will, in any event, fully honor your request.

Incidentally, I would appreciate it if you would please provide me with an E-mail address for your group's president, so that I can send that individual a follow-up letter from myself.

Sincerely,

John Kevin McMillan of Austin, Texas.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.

____

GThomp5749@aol.com wrote:

Hello Kevin:

Although I sympathize with your feelings on some of these emails that you send, we would appreciate if you would not involve the Brewster Society in these statements that you are making regarding issues you may have with other organizations. The Brewster Society is a hereditary society and not a political one. We wish to further the research and understanding about the Elder Brewster. Would you please not attach the Brewster Society to these emails.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Gregory Evan Thompson

Brewster Society Historian

_____

In a message dated 8/21/2008 1:31:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mcmillanj@att.net writes:

Dear Harvard Injury Control Research Center Officials in Boston, Mass.,

I would also like to share with your very influential non-profit research organization the following letter of inquiry I wrote and E-mailed tonight to the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation in Boston.

Best Wishes from a former Boston resident, a former Boston-area newspaper journalist, and a current dues-paying individual member of the New England-based Elder William Brewster Society---an admirable non-profit organization for which membership is exclusively limited to direct desendants of the Rev. William Brewster, head chaplain on the Mayflower.

Sincerely,

John Kevin McMillan,

11411 Research Boulevard, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
E-mail: mcmillanj@att.net

cc: National Youth Sports Safety Foundation, Boston, Mass.

Note: forwarded message attached.

John Kevin McMillan

Received: from [75.34.98.237] by web82502.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:23:11 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

From: John McMillan

Subject: 8-20-08 two questions for your group

To: nyssf@aol.com

Dear National Youth Sports Safety Foundation officials in Boston, Mass.,

I would like to find out how much of your current injury-prevention emphasis is on lifelong sports. I am referring to sports one could pursue throughout one's entire life, including tennis, racquetball, croquet, volleyball, table tennis, running, jogging, ice skating, roller skating, speed-walking, hiking, cross-country skiing, swimming, and golf.

I am particularly interested in helping to promote injury-prevention in each of the lifelong sports throughout a person's entire lifetime.

Also, I would like to find out whether your noble non-profit foundation is seeking to educate the general public about the value of possibly abstaining from participation in the so-called high-risk sports. I am referring to sporrts such as downhill skiing, boxing, race-car driving, rock climbing, mountain-climbing, sky-diving, etc.

As a former Bostonian currently residing in Austin, Texas, I have been dismayed by the many Austin residents in their teens and 20s who have told me in recent years that they love to pursue "high-risk sports" on a year-round basis. One young man in Austin even told me a few days ago that he likes to pursue "target practice" using a variety of guns he would himself shoot, he said, as a favorite "sport" or "hobby" of his, that young man told me during that first-ever conversation I had with him earlier this week.

It seems to me that the obsessive pursuit of high-risk sports on the part of many younger Austin residents in this capital city of Texas points to self-destructive, destructive, and possibly even violent tendencies in many of those younger persons.

Thank you in advance for your reply letter in response to these two questions from myself.

I am very interested in possibly joining your group as an individual dues-paying member. I would need your reply letter on these two questions before I could decide for sure whether to myself join your gorup.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan,

11411 Research Boulevard, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.

E-mail: mcmillanj@att.net

John Kevin McMillan



John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.