Sunday, August 7, 2016

PROFESSIONAL WOMEN'S TENNIS CHAMPION AND 'TENNIS' MAGAZINE PUBLISHER Ms. CHRIS EVERT OF THE UNITED STATES ON JANUARY 26, 2009, POLITELY ACCEPTS E-MAIL LETTER FROM A USTA MEMBER IN TEXAS THAT MENTIONS HER BEING RECENTLY CITED BY NAME BY AN OFFICIAL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN


(Subject:) 1-26-09 courtesy follow-up note to Chris Evert

(From:) John McMillan (at e-mail address of: "mcmillanj@att.net")

To Chris Evert Charities/Ms. Chris Evert

(Date and time:) 01/26/09 at 10:34 AM

Dear Ms. Evert,

I received a reply E-mail letter today from an official of The University of Texas at Austin that referred to yourself by name.

As a tennis devotee who greatly appreciated the nice photograph of yourself hitting a two-fisted backhand, along with the "Good Luck" message you wrote on that photograph, that you mailed to me in 1989 or 1990 when I lived in Big Spring, Texas (a period when I reported full-time for a general-circulation daily newspaper there), I would like to respectfully ask if you would like me to blind-carbon-copy E-mail that reply letter to yourself, as a courtesy to you.

Best Wishes to you and your colleagues and friendly relatives from a former resident of Fort Lauderdale, Florida (summer of 1979) and current dues-paying member of USTA, the Capital Area Tennis Association (Austin, Texas), and the Washington, D.C.-based "Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids," and a current individual member as well (no dues for this one) of the South Pasadena, Calif.-based "No Cussing Club" (I also consistently use clean speech in my communications with others), and also a recent financial contributor myself to your noble Chris Evert Charities non-profit organization.

Sincerely,

John Kevin McMillan,
11411 Research Boulevard, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
E-mail: mcmillanj@att.net
My Blog: www.johnkevinmcmillan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.