Wednesday, March 1, 2017

OVERHEARD ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK: ANOTHER IMAGINARY EAVESDROPPER'S REPORT, HAD I BEEN THERE TO TAPE-RECORD THEIR COMMENTS


---"What most worries me about Donald Trump as President is that he is America's most famous landlord. Having a famous and powerful landlord in the White House is going to give ammunition to all of the unbearably arrogant landlords out there who want to make life miserable for those of us who find it challenging to make our rent payments each month."

---"Maybe President Trump will establish a special lottery for us struggling apartment tenants who are always behind on paying our rent, and who need a special lottery of our own to increase our chances of winning enough money to get our rent paid for the next three-month period. That would be a big help to me, if I could win a special for-apartment-tenants-only lottery of that type."

---"President Trump is much more likely to invite a group of landlords to meet with him in the Oval Office than he is to meet with a group of us disgruntled apartment tenants. In my nightmares during my sleep, I often hear President Trump joking to his White House staff: 'I agree with Marie Antoinette: 'Let them eat crumbs!'"

---"Personally, I would like to get a statistic on what percentage of all of the illegal immigrants in the United States are NOT from Mexico. I have never seen that statistic, and it would be very useful to me when I have heated debates with friends of mine about this entire issue."

---"I have a friend in Cleveland who believes that Donald Trump in the White House is God's revenge on New York City. Everyone associates Trump with our very own Big Apple, and they regard Trump as New York at its most vulgar, most audacious,  most scandal-prone, most crassly materialistic, and most arrogant. According to my friend's theory, whenever Trump's approval ratings go down, this also means that New York's popularity ratings will plunge."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.