Saturday, March 11, 2017

SHOULD CITY COUNCIL ORDER APD CHIEF TO PRESENT HOME-INVASION CRIMES UPDATE REPORTS AT SEMIANNUAL PRESS CONFERENCES HERE IN THIS CAPITAL CITY OF TEXAS?, MY MOST RECENT CRAIGSLIST 'AUSTIN RANTS AND RAVES' POSTING ASKS IN WRITING AT 9:14 A.M. TODAY



COUNCIL SHOULD REQUIRE HOME-INVASION CRIMES UPDATES (Austin)

If I were a member of the Austin City Council, and I am not, I would author and sponsor a proposed new city ordinance requiring the Austin Police Chief, with Interim Police Chief Brian Manley currently holding that title, to hold a semiannual press conference at which that police chief would be legally required to present to the general public--- and also answer questions about--- the most recent APD-compiled home-invasion crimes statistics for Austin as a whole, and for each and every district of Austin (District 1 or District 10, for instance).

It seems to me, from what I have myself observed or heard about during the period ever since April 2011, that the incidence of truly outrageous felony home-invasion crimes in Austin is apparently increasing at a very alarming rate.

One very prominent male Episcopalian clergyman in northwest Austin did send me an e-mail letter in the last few years in which he expressed concern to me in writing about what he identified as alleged "home invasion crimes" allegedly victimizing a cited resident of Austin. This, to me, is an indication that home-invasion crimes are posing a growing concern to admirably vigilant and public-safety-minded religious groups here in Austin.

So my question is this: Do you agree with me that the Austin City Council should require the current Austin Police Chief to every six months present a "Home Invasion Crimes Update" report to the people of Austin at a well-publicized press conference here in this capital city of Texas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.