Monday, October 3, 2016

FEMALE CRAIGSLIST RESPONDENT TO RECENT 'RANT AND RAVES' POSTING (LAST ITEM, BELOW) BY JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN, TEXAS: 'PROSPECTIVE NEW ROOMMATES FOR YOU IN AUSTIN WHO ARE AGES 18 TO 54 ARE LIKELY TO BE DRUG ADDICTS, ALCOHOLICS, AND HAVE TIES TO ORGANIZED CRIME!'


Marguerite Arnesen

To cxgc9-5804109786@pers.craigslist.org

Today (October 3, 2016) at 3:57 PM

Not at all, go right ahead!

On October 3, 2016, at 3:14 PM, craigslist 5804109786 wrote:

Thank you for your thoughtful reply note.
Would you object if I decide to post your reply note as a Blog at my personal Blogsite?

Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan.

My Blog: http://www.johnkevinmcmillan.blogspot.com

On Monday, October 3, 2016 11:26 AM, Margo Arnesen wrote:

Well, honestly, I don't think CL is the place to find what you're looking for; however, just a suggestion, maybe you should consider a senior citizen! We're not all senile nor uninteresting!

Maybe you could find a nice one with one small pet -- who knows, you might make a new pal, you wouldn't have to worry about drugs, booze, the Mafia or anything else!

Lots of us on fixed incomes would LOVE a nice room in a nice home and you sound like you'd attract very non-judgmental folks since you don't do any weird shit...........just an idea!


Margo

PS I'm a 71 year old...............LOL

_____

Why Can't I find an honest law-abiding new roommate applicant? (Arboretum)

I have been advertising for several weeks in my search for an honest, law-abiding new roommate for the modern, very spacious, 1,000-square-foot, carpeted, two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment unit where I live in beautiful northwest Austin.

Despite this, I have had ZERO opportunities for an in-person interview with a prospective new roommate. And I have had ZERO opportunities so far to show the apartment unit where I live to that prospective applicant. What might explain this?

Among the possibilities:

---Many of the persons age 18 or older currently seeking to move into an apartment in Austin are addicted to marijuana or some other illicit drug. (I AM SEEKING A NEW ROOMMATE WHO DOES NOT CONSUME ANY MARIJUANA OR ANY OTHER ILLICIT DRUG.)

---Many of the prospective applicants in the Austin area consume tobacco. (I AM SEARCHING FOR A NEW ROOMMATE WHO DOES NOT CONSUME ANY TOBACCO PRODUCT.)

---Many of the prospective applicants are alarmed by the fact that I lead a completely celibate lifestyle. (I AM SEEKING A STRICTLY PLATONIC (NON-SEXUAL) INVOLVEMENT WITH A NEW ROOMMATE.)

---Some of the prospective applicants in the Austin area may be persons who have ties to organized crime. (I MYSELF AM VERY EMPHATICALLY SEEKING AN HONORABLE NEW ROOMMATE WHO DOES NOT HAVE ANY TIES TO ORGANIZED CRIME, AND WHO IS HIMSELF OR HERSELF LAW-ABIDING AND HONEST AND SUPPORTS LAW-ENFORCEMENT.)

----Some of the prospective applicants are persons who are currently addicted to alcohol. (I HAVE REPEATEDLY EMPHASIZED THAT I SEEK EITHER A COMPLETE ABSTAINER FROM ALCOHOL OR A LIGHT DRINKER AS MY ROOMMATE.)

----Some of the prospective roommate applicants are persons who worry that if I am older than they are, this means that I will take advantage of seniority. (IN FACT, I EXCEL AT NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SENIORITY: I TREAT A YOUNGER ROOMMATE WITH RESPECT AND POLITENESS AND CONSIDERATION.)

-----Some of the prospective roommate applicants worry that I lead a sedentary lifestyle. (IN FACT, I LEAD A PHYSICALLY ACTIVE LIFESTYLE IN WHICH I DO LOTS OF HIKING OR WALKING, INCLUDING IN MY CAREER AS A RESTAURANT-INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE, AND MY FAVORITE SPORTS THAT I ENJOY PURSUING IN MY LEISURETIME ARE RACQUETBALL, TENNIS, AND ROLLER SKATING.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.