Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Brian Thornton, Policy Advisor to Austin City Council Member Ellen Troxclair, on November 3, 2016, Refers Me in Writing to Austin Police Department (APD) Officers and APD Crisis Intervention Team Members James Turner and Sergeant Michael King

 I was reminded today of a reply letter from a City of Austin (TX) official that  I received on November 3, 2016. The reply letter was in regard to an unsolicited e-mail letter  to me from an African-American male former officer  of the Austin Police Department, "Jermaine A. Hopkins", who never spoke with me in person and who was and remains to this very today  a complete stranger to me. 

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Thornton, Brian" <Brian.Thornton@austintexas.gov>

To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>

Sent: Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 9:15 AM

Subject: RE: the ex-APD-officer's note to me: Fw: John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda: CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS, AT LEAST 10 TIMES SINCE JAN. 2012 CITES 'ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE' IN SEEKING TO WITHHOLD FROM THE GENERA

Mr. McMillan,

Thank you for providing me with this additional information. I’ve received and reviewed your correspondence, and have spoken with Mr. James Turner, your liaison with the crisis intervention team. My assessment of your case is that Mr. Turner or Mr. Michael King are best suited to handle any further inquiries or requests on this matter. I sincerely hope that you utilize the help I understand they have offered you.

Brian Thornton

Policy Advisor

Councilmember Ellen Troxclair, District 8

Austin City Hall, 301 West 2nd Street

Room 2144, Austin, Texas 78701

Office: (512) 978-2108

Brian.Thornton@austintexas.gov

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Seal_of_Austin,_TX.png

_____

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]

Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:30 AM

To: Thornton, Brian <Brian.Thornton@austintexas.gov>

Subject: the ex-APD-officer's note to me: Fw: John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda: CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS, AT LEAST 10 TIMES SINCE JAN. 2012 CITES 'ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE' IN SEEKING TO WITHHOLD FROM THE GENERAL...

Brian,

Thank you again for kindly authorizing me on the phone shortly after 5 p.m. today from your City Hall office to share this with you.

This (below) is the very unexpected e-mail letter to me from a former Austin Police Department officer that I received on October 12, 2016. I sent a polite reply e-mail note to Mr. Hopkins in response to his e-mail letter, and I will be happy to share that reply note of mine with you if you like. I might add that I did not receive any note from himself, and I never received any phone call from Mr. Hopkins at any time.

To the best of my knowledge I have never spoken with or met with Jermaine Hopkins on any occasion in my entire life.

Best Wishes,

from criminal-law complainant John Kevin McMillan of northwest Austin.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.

John Kevin McMillan

_____

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:45 PM, Jermaine A. Hopkins <jhop408@gmail.com> wrote:

Mr. McMillan:

Please respond if this message reaches you. I'd like to speak to you about your experiences in dealing with the City on your public information requests.

Jermaine Hopkins


http://johnkevinmcmillan.blogspot.com/2016/03/city-attorneys-office-in-austin-texas.html?m=1


Jermaine A. Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.