Tuesday, March 29, 2016

UNIVERSITY OF AUSTIN HISTORY DEPARTMENT CHAIR CAROLYN P. BOYD, IN A DEC. 2, 1994, SIGNED LETTER ON OFFICIAL UT-AUSTIN HISTORY DEPARTMENT LETTERHEAD STATIONERY, CRITICIZES A FORMER STUDENT OF HERS, JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN, AND STATES THAT SHE WILL NOT BE WILLING TO PROVIDE A REFERENCE FOR HIM WITH ANY EMPLOYER HE MIGHT EVER FORMALLY APPLY TO WORK FOR, WITH CHAIR BOYD ALSO CARBON-COPYING THAT 1994 REJECTION LETTER OF HERS TO UT-AUSTIN PRESIDENT ROBERT BERDAHL


"Department of History

"The University of Texas at Austin

"Austin, Texas 78712-1163

"(512) 471-3261

"December 2, 1994

"Mr. John McMillan
"P.O. Box 12425
"Austin, TX 78711

"Dear John:

"I received the copy of the letter you mailed to President Berdahl.

"I am writing to tell you that I found your letter to be very inappropriate, both in terms of its approach and its content.

"In addition, I must ask you not to use my name further as a reference when pursuing employment here in Austin.

"When I agreed to do so over the phone, it was only in regard to providing prospective employers information about your academic performance in the classes you took with me. I am not prepared to provide a general reference for you.

"I wish you well in your job search and am sorry that I cannot agree to help you.

"Sincerely yours,

"Carolyn P. Boyd
"Chair

"xc: President Robert Berdahl"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.