Tuesday, March 29, 2016

'NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEEDED FROM YOU,' TRAVIS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE PUBLIC INTEGRITY UNIT INVESTIGATOR LORI CARTER STATES IN JULY 22, 2014, E-MAIL REPLY LETTER TO COMPLAINANT JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN


From: Lori Carter

To: John McMillan ; Rob Drummond ; Texas DPS Office of General Counsel ; City Attorney Karen Kennard City of Austin (TX) ; Texas Medical Board state agency verifcic@tmb.state.tx.us>; "public.information@texasattorneygeneral.gov" ; U.S. President Barack Obama ; Sherri Fleming ; Rudy Magallanes ; U.S. Department of Homeland Security ; Texas Rangers Division of DPS ; Texas Rangers Division DPS ; Tara Long ; "valerie.harris@austintexas.gov" ; Jason Alexander (Asst. City Mgr. McDonald's Asst.)

Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:47 AM

Subject: RE: confirmation reply requested from PIU Investigator Carter re: 7-21-14 FAX I sent you

Yes, we received your faxed transmittal.

No, we do not need any additional information from you or for you to request another agency to provide us with additional information.

Thank you,

Lori Carter, Sgt. Investigator
Travis County District Attorney's Office
Special Prosecution Division/Public Integrity Unit
Phone: 512-854-9530
Fax: 512-854-4810
E-Mail: lori.carter@co.travis.tx.us

Caution: This electronic communication is a work-product of the Special Prosecution Division of the Travis County District Attorney's Office and is intended only for the above named addressee(s). As such, it may contain confidential or legally privileged information, including, but not limited to, information obtained from confidential communications or information relating to the proceedings of a grand jury, the dissemination of which is strictly prohibited except as authorized by state or federal law. Consequently, the recipient should treat the information contained herein as confidential and should not disclose any such information to anyone unless the sender has expressly authorized such disclosure. If you have received this e-mail in error you must not copy, forward, disclose the information contained in it, or otherwise use it in any way. Please notify the sender immediately and then delete the e-mail, and any attachments.

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]

Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:01 AM

To: Lori Carter; Rob Drummond; Texas DPS Office of General Counsel; City Attorney Karen Kennard City of Austin (TX); Texas Medical Board state agency; public.information@texasattorneygeneral.gov; U.S. President Barack Obama; Sherri Fleming; Rudy Magallanes; U.S. Department of Homeland Security; Texas Rangers Division of DPS; Texas Rangers Division DPS; Tara Long; valerie.harris@austintexas.gov; Jason Alexander (Asst. City Mgr. McDonald's Asst.)

Subject: confirmation reply requested from PIU Investigator Carter re: 7-21-14 FAX I sent you

To: Sergeant Investigator Lori Carter and Prosecuting Attorney Rob Drummond, Travis County District Attorney's Office Public Integrity Unit, Austin, Texas.

July 22, 2014

Dear Sergeant Investigator Carter and Prosecuting Attorney Drummond, with your Travis County District Attorney's Office Public Integrity Unit office phone number of (512) 854-9530 and your office FAX number of (512) 854-4810,

Please confirm for me in writing that you received the three-page FAX I sent to both of you this Monday, July 21, from a UPS store situated a few blocks from my apartment complex.

I am referring to the FAX that contained an unsigned computer-printout copy of a one-page January 23, 2012, letter to me from Jacki Allen, Patient Relations Representative for St. David's Medical Center near UT-Austin.

The original version of that letter had been signed by Ms. Allen and mailed to me by herself in early 2012 at my Wind River Crossing Apartments mailing address.

Also included in the FAX I sent you this Monday was a copy of the July 18, 2014, postmark on the official envelope, along with the entire front contents of that envelope, that Melinda Griffith, a Patient Relations staff member at St. David's, addressed to me while mailing to me this month the unsigned computer-printout copy of that signed Jan. 23, 2012, letter to me from Ms. Allen.

That one-page unsigned copy of the 2012 letter to me from Ms. Allen was the ONLY item contained in the follow-up letter to me that Ms. Griffith mailed to me this month. She did not include any cover letter of her own inside that envelope.

Also included in the FAX I sent you this Monday was a handwritten July 21, 2014-dated FAX cover letter from myself that was addressed to both of you.

In that FAX cover letter, I politely emphasized in writing that Ms. Allen in her January 23, 2012, letter to me stated to me that the doctor-ordered DNA-swabs kit obtained from my body at my request during my late-night Dec. 21, 2011, visit to St. David's ER that extended into the early-morning hours of Dec. 22, 2011, I might myself add for clarification, WAS, IN FACT, PROMPTLY TRANSPORTED TO THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY STATE AGENCY HEADQUARTERS IN AUSTIN FOR PLANNED LAB TESTING THERE.

Investigator Carter or Prosecuting Attorney Drummond, please let me know as soon as possible if you would like me to politely ask the Office of General Counsel for the Texas DPS to please share with each of you the entire contents of my public-information-request legal correspondence I pursued with that state agency in Austin in 2012 that specifically focused on handling of and any possible processing of the doctor-ordered Dec. 22, 2011, DNA-swabs forensic kit obtained from my own body that the DPS acknowledged having received from St. David's Medical Center in late December 2011.

I have not yet located that particular public-information-related 2012 legal correspondence of mine with the DPS, but I will continue to search for those legal documents through searches in my computer system this week.

Finally, as a courtesy to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a highly-esteemed former employer of mine in Austin, I am carbon-copying this follow-up letter to that state agency's Office of General Counsel here in Austin.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan, current criminal-law complainant in Travis County District Attorney's Office Public Integrity Unit Case 9655-13, with Sergeant Investigator Lori Carter the first-rate investigator and the Assistant District Attorney Rob Drummond the honorable Prosecuting Attorney.

My home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My home address: 11411 Research Boulevard, Wind River Crossing, Building 3, Apartment 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.
My Blog: http://www.johnkevinmcmillan.blogspot.com/

John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.