Sunday, March 6, 2016

STATE BAR OF TEXAS MEMBER ATTORNEY JOHN F. CAMPBELL TO CLIENT JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN: 'I HAVE NO IDEA WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HARASSING VOICES YOU HEAR', SO NO LAWSUIT CAN BE FILED ON YOUR BEHALF, Mr. CAMPBELL INDICATED


(The following is the exact verbatim text of a July 21, 2000, signed legal letter on official law-firm stationery that private attorney and University of Texas at Austin Law School 1960s alumnus John F. Campbell of Austin wrote and mailed that same day to legal-services client John Kevin McMillan of west Austin. At the time this legal letter was written, Mr. Campbell's law firm was Campbell & Morgan. That law firm in 2000 was located at 805 West 10th Street, Third Floor, Austin, Texas, 78701. Mr. Campbell's office phone number at that time was (512) 476-6036; and his law firm's FAX number at that time was: 512-478-8919. Mr. Campbell represented and served Mr. McMillan during that time period in connection with Mr. McMillan's individual fee-paying membership in the Texas Legal Protection Plan, a private legal aid service with which Mr. Campbell as a private attorney was himself affiliated during that time period.--- jkm)

"July 21, 2000

"Mr. John McMillan
"P.O. Box 11517
"Austin, TX 78711

"RE: McMillan/Your Call

"Dear John:

"The purpose of this letter is to respond to your inquiry regarding harassment.

"I am not aware of any law firm that is in any way interfering with your personal life nor do I have any idea who would be responsible for the harassing voices that you hear.

"I can tell you that there are a lot of people like you and me who spend a lot of time alone who often engage in 'self-conversations' and who are inclined to believe that they are being spoken to or who are inclined to hear voices often purporting to say things that we perceive to be for the purpose of harassment.

"The fact of the matter is that I have learned after 'low these many years' that unless I can see and feel the source of those voices I give them absolutely no credence at all and simply mark them off as something that I have imagined.

"There are probably people that know more about these things than I do who would be glad to discuss the matter with you but as I say unless you can identify a visible object producing those sounds then I would simply disregard them and not allow them to influence your behavior.

"If you need further clarification on what I am saying, I would be happy to visit with you.

"Yours very truly,

"John F. Campbell"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.