Sunday, November 21, 2021

'PATRIOT LEDGER' NEWSPAPER REPORTER TO ME IN 1986 or 1987: 'THIS ENTIRE CITY WAS SPECIALLY DESIGNED AND BUILT JUST TO CONFUSE YOU'

 It seems like only yesterday when a tall slender Anglo male bespectacled reporter for the "Patriot Ledger" daily newspaper in Quincy, Massachusetts, Jason Seiken, volunteered to me outdoors in downtown Quincy in 1986 or 1987: "This entire city was specially designed and built just to confuse you (former 'Patriot Ledger' copy-editor coworker John Kevin McMillan."

That reporter had a Chinese-American girlfriend who stood beside him during one or more of my brief in-person conversations with Jason Seiken, such as the occasion when I happened to run into them in Cambridge, Mass., and I asked Jason Seiken whether he had any reason to believe that some person or persons may have indicated a lack of confidence in my own mental health. Jason Seiken's facial expression as he stood next to his Chinese-American girlfriend suddenly registered an expression of considerable sadness, accompanied by no comment.

Jason Seiken later stated to me in 1987 or 1988, during a long-distance phone call I made to the "Patriot Ledger" newsroom in Quincy, Mass., from a pay telephone along Bee Caves Road in Rollingwood, Texas: "The voices (sic) will end immediately after this telephone conversation we're having has concluded."

During that same approximate time period, a reporter coworker of his at "The Patriot Ledger" daily newspaper, Jeremy Crockford, appeared to contradict the former reporter's statement by stating to me on the telephone during a long-distance phone call I made to the "Patriot Ledger" newsroom from my parents' home in Westlake Hills, Texas: "The voices (sic) will continue for a long, long time."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.