Tuesday, February 27, 2024

IRONY IN MY LIFE IN UTAH SO FAR: ALMOST NO PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS TO ME, BUT SEVEN UTAH STATE LEGiSLATORS HAVE EACH SENT ME FRIENDLY REPLY LETTERS

 I find it ironic that in the same  two-and-one-sixth year period in which I have resided in Utah on a continuous basis and received virtually no personal e-mail letter from anyone else in Utah, with only a few persons in Utah sending me personal text messages, and myself having received virtually  no unsolicited personal phone call from another Utah resident:

A total of seven respective very Honorable  members the Utah State House of Representatives have each sent me friendly e-mail  reply notes.

Those seven  Utah State House members are:

----UTAH HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER MIKE SCHULTZ OF RURAL CROYDON, UTAH:


----- Forwarded Message -----


From: "Mike Schultz" <mikeschultz@le.utah.gov>


To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>


Sent: Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 4:48 PM


Subject: Re: 11-26-23 Urgent Need for UT Water Conservation Laws


Thank you, John. I’m so glad you’re having a good dialogue with my colleague Rep. Bennion. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.


Mike




Representative Mike Schultz




House Majority Leader




Utah House of Representatives




District 12


_________


 -----STATE REPRESENTATIVE GAY LYNN BENNION OF COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, UTAH:

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 8:18 AM, Gay Lynn Bennionl at  glbennion@le.utah.gov> wrote:


Hello John,


Welcome to Utah. These are some great suggestions. For decades, the Department of Natural Resources, Great Salt Lake Advisory Committee, Audubon, and others have been focused on ways to conserve water.


Here's some information you might want to review:


The Division of Water Resources has released the Great Salt Lake Basin Integrated Plan. Clyde Snow provided a Water Policy Inventory & Assessment for the project. It’s two parts – a Water Policy Narrative and an interactive Matrix of all of the laws, administrative rules, program websites, administrative forms, and related recommendations passed in the last several years. I personally find the Matrix the most helpful.


Best regards,


Representative Bennion


_____


----UTAH STATE REPRESENTATIVE MELISSA BALLARD OF DAVIS COUNTY, UTAH:


---- Forwarded Message -----


From: "Melissa Garff Ballard Info" <info@melissagarffballard.com>


To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>


Sent: Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 8:11 AM


Subject: Re: 10-26-23 folup Re: Study can boost  UT inmate addiction-treatment pgms


John,


Thank you for reaching out offering your expertise. This is definitely something on the radar in Utah. I consulting with applicable parties about a process. 


Gratefully, 


Rep Melissa Ballard 


------UTAH STATE REPRESENTATIVE ANGELA ROMERO  OF SALT LAKE COUNTY, UTAH:


--- Forwarded Message -----


From: "Angela Romero" <angelaromero@le.utah.gov>


To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>


Cc: "Joel Briscoe" <jbriscoe@le.utah.gov>, "Nick Frederick" <nfrederick@le.utah.gov>


Sent: Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 11:33 AM


Subject: Safe Housing Conditions


Dear John McMillan, 


Thank you for contacting me about safe housing. I support safe housing conditions for all Utahns and appreciate you raising this important issue.


While I do not know all of the circumstances of your living situation, I support your ability to have a safe place to live. I am including my colleague, Representative Joel Briscoe, on this email who will be the representative for your area once the new district lines go into effect this election. Further, Councilmember Ana Valdemoros represents your area on the Salt Lake City council and works with a constituent liaison who may be better able to help with any specific issues.


Thank you again for contacting me.


Sincerely,


Angela Romero


Representative, House District 26


Utah House of Representatives


_________


-----UTAH STATE REPRESENTATIVE PAUL A. CUTLER Of DAVIS COUNTY, UTAH:


----- Forwarded Message -----


From: "Paul A. Cutler" <pcutler@le.utah.gov>


To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>


Sent: Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 10:34 PMSubject: Re: More Concerns for UT House MajorityLeader Schultz


 Dear Mr. McMillan,


I am the sponsor of the Road Rage bill that has been studied during the Interim Committee sessions.  I have worked closely with Utah DPS on penalties, an education campaign, and modifications to Drivers Education.


I will share your suggestions with the group working on this issue.  I hope you will consider speaking in favor of the bill or doing other work to advocate for it’s passage in January.


Respectfully,


Rep. Paul Cutler


District 18 


pcutler@le.utah.gov


------UTAH STATE REPRESENTATIVE MARSHA JUDKINS OF UTAH COUNTY, UTAH:


On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 10:08 PM, Marsha Judkins


<mjudkins@le.utah.gov> wrote:


Thank you for your email. I haven't seen Rep. Cutler's bill, but it sounds like a good one.


Representative Marsha Judkins


House of Representatives 


District 61


mjudkins@le.utah.gov 


(801)-669-6962


____


and UTAH STATE REPRESENTATIVE  BRETT GARNER OF WEST VALLEY CITY, UTAH:


---- Forwarded Message -----


From: "Brett Garner" <bgarner@le.utah.gov>


To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>


Sent: Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 1:34 PM


Subject: Re: Is State of UT Doing Enough to Help Pedestrians?


Dear Mr. McMillan,


Thank you for reaching out to me about HB78.  I apologize I was unable to attend the Economic Development and Workforce Services Committee on January 23, due to presenting a bill I am sponsoring in another committee at the same time.  I will be voting for HB78 if it reaches the House floor.


I do support our film industry in Utah, but I want to ensure that we are not engaged in a race to the bottom with other states and countries providing incentives.  I am satisified that this bill does allow for safeguarding against that.


If you reside in House District 31, please sign up for my newsletter at the link below.


If you have any questions about this or any other issue, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.