Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A VERY RARE HONOR I DID RECEIVE THIS CENTURY: AN UNEXPECTED LONG-DISTANCE PHONE CALL TO MY HOME PHONE LINE OF MY APARTMENT UNIT IN AUSTIN, TEXAS, FROM 'WASHINGTON POST' GENERAL COUNSEL MARY ANN WERNER IN WASHINGTON, D.C.

 

One very rare distinction or honor that I did have this century:

In 2005 or possibly 2004, I received an unexpected long-distance phone call to my home phone line (512-342-2295) inside my solo-occupancy rental-apartment unit at Wind River Crossing Apartments, 11411 Research Boulevard in Austin, Texas, from Mary Ann Werner, then the General Counsel for "The Washington Post" daily newspaper in Washington, D.C.

Looking back, it was truly impressive that the chief attorney for the globally-influential "Washington Post" daily newspaper chose to make a phone call to me from her office in our nation's capital city. At that time, I was employed as a restaurant waiter inside an IHOP chain franchise restaurant and a Souper Salad chain corporate-owned restaurant in Austin.

In that polite 2005 or 2004 phone conversation I had with attorney Mary Ann Werner, as I later reported to a federal agency in an October 4, 2007, e-mail public-information request I directly submitted to the Federal Communications Commission of the U.S. Government in Washington, D.C.:
"She ('Washington Post' General Counsel Mary Ann Werner) indicated to me that she was not herself aware of any media company allegedly impinging on my own privacy rights during that period, with Ms. Werner in that return phone call expressing apparent concern about any such alleged violations of my own privacy rights that I complained about to herself, both in that phone call and through subsequent E-mail communications (of criminal-law complaint from me that) I have sent to her media company in a consistently lawful and civil manner on my part."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.