Sunday, February 19, 2017

CITY LAW DEPARTMENT REVEALS: ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER AND CITY 'INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES' CHIEF ROBERT GOODE ON JANUARY 29, 2017, WRITES AND SENDS E-MAIL REPLY TO DISTRICT 10 CITY COUNCIL MEMBER ALISON ALTER IN REGARD TO AN APARTMENT-SECURITY PUBLIC-POLICY QUESTION POSED TO HER IN WRITING BY MYSELF, JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF NORTHWEST AUSTIN



From: Goode, Robert

To: Alter, Alison

Cc: Rivera, Osiel; Cadena-Mitchell, Kurt; Diaz, Elaine; Carvell, Kyle

 Subject: Re: Harvard alum Council Member Alter silent on apt. security issue

Date: Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:13:46 PM

I see a few options.


1) continue with silence...however, he may still send out emails berating you for that silence.


2) reply. Since he has stated that he has been assualted, you could refer him to APD. You certainly can't investigate his claims, so you should refer him to the correct agency to handle these claims.


 If you choose alt 2) I can find the correct contact for the referral.

 With that said, I'm guessing that either alternative will still lead to continued communications for awhile. But, if you refer him to APD, the next time he contacts your office, you can stay
with that path and just repeat that your office can't investigate his assault claims.

I will get you a contact for APD and relay that to you.

Robert Goode

Assistant City Manager


On Jan 28, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Alter, Alison wrote:

 Robert,

Can you please provide further guidance to my office on how to respond to this
gentleman?



I know you had advised me that city officials were aware of this
matter and to not respond.



I was not aware that my staff was also receiving these messages until now.

Thanks,

Alison Alter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.