Sunday, February 10, 2019

A CAREER EARNINGS STATISTIC ABOUT MYSELF THAT MANY OF MY FORMER CLASSMATES FROM STEPHEN F. AUSTIN HIGH SCHOOL --- A PUBLIC SCHOOL WHERE I WAS CLASS SALUTATORIAN HERE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS --- PROBABLY WERE NOT AWARE OF:


My best-ever calendar year so far for total gross annual taxable income that I earned through my career pursuits  that year was 2015 --- right here in Austin, Texas, USA.

In that year, I earned an overall total of $28,604 in gross taxable employment-derived income, according to online data about myself from the federal government that I have reviewed this week.


I achieved that highest-ever annual earnings total for myself through work duties I pursued in 2015 --- often in the form of double-shifts for me involving work duties on the same day at two separate workplaces --- at three different respective restaurant-industry workplaces in Austin.

My three respective employers in calendar year 2015, all three of which I worked for throughout all that entire year, were: Outback Steakhouse in northwest Austin, a corporate-owned restaurant location, with the Outback corporate headquarters being in Tampa, Florida; the corporate-owned Luby's Lakeline cafeteria in northwest Austin, with the corporate headquarters for Luby's being in Houston, Texas; and the ACG franchise-owned IHOP 620 chain restaurant in northwest Austin, with the corporate headquarters for the ACG franchise for IHOP being situated in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Factual information about me from the federal government that I also reviewed today reveals that the second-highest employment-derived gross income total for me in any calendar year of my entire life so far was $23,320, which I earned in 2010.


In my entire life so far, I have earned a total gross annual taxable income of at least $20,000 on only six respective calendar years. Those calendar years were 2018, 2017, 2015, 2012, 2010, and 2000.

In only ONE of those $20,000-plus gross taxable income years for me were ANY of my employers possibly a media company.  That one total media-company employer of mine was the Cedar Park-based "Hill Country News," a locally-owned Williamson County newspaper for which I believe I wrote occasional freelance feature articles near the turn of the century, including possibly in 2000, for which I was paid by that Central Texas media company.

I have a Master's Degree in Journalism and Mass Communications from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. I pursued a career in full-time newspaper reporting or full-time magazine reporting or full-time copy-editing or full-time professional proofreading for a combined total of more than 10 years of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.