Friday, June 2, 2023

MAY 25, 2014, REPLY LETTER TO ME FROM MY OLDER BIOLOGICAL BROTHER DR. MICHAEL KIM McMILLAN OF CALIFORNIA DIRECTLY REFERS TO DEPARTMENTS OF THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF AUSTIN CONSULTING AN ATTORNEY IN REGARD TO ME

 

From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2014 11:01 AM
Subject: RE: 5-23-14 urgent request to my kind older brother Michael

 

dear john,

 

I appreciate your response, though that you have five different departments consulting legal people about you ...it    is not clear whether that is part of the problem or really part of any solution.

 

again, I am more wondering exactly how much money say per month you really need...and what is just ....

 

oh welll..it is memorial day weekend..

 

enjoy the may...

 

mike

 

From: John McMillan [mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 10:26 PM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: Re: 5-23-14 urgent request to my kind older brother Michael

Dear Michael,

At least you could feel assured from the very start that no matter what happens in my own life throughout the remainder of 2014, I would never again ask you for any financial loan at any future date in 2014.

In response to your observation that I myself am plagued by "problems," please keep in mind that I am working seven days per week. I am leading a job-focused lifestyle.

 

Also, I lead a completely tobacco-free, alcohol-free, and illicit-drug-free lifestyle.  And I spend ZERO money on gambling.

 

I would also like to again mention to you, Michael, that five different departments of the City of Austin in the period since April 1, 2011, have each consulted an attorney or paralegal or law-office staff member about me.

 

And the City on April 30, 2014, formally asked the Attorney General of Texas in writing to withhold from me the details about what exactly was discussed during each of those numerous legal consultations from the last three-year period relating to myself that were sought by employees or officials of five different respective City of Austin departments (HR Department, Police Department, City Clerk's Office, City Manager's Office, and the City of Austin Public Information Office).

 

I take pride in being honest and law-abiding, and I remain hopeful that you will remember an occasion from the last 57-year period when I did not irk you or offend you or annoy you or alienate you.

I will not pester you on this subject. 

 

 If you do recall something you like about me, or some moment from the last several decades when my own conduct pleased you or appealed to you in any way, I would be very, very grateful if you would please consider lending me money on this one total occasion in 2014 in the month of May.

 

With Friendly Best Wishes,

 

your younger brother John.

 

John Kevin McMillan

From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:13 PM
Subject: RE: 5-23-14 urgent request to my kind older brother Michael

 

Dear John,

 

I am not sure that any once a year restriction is meaningful, as if you really could plan out things that well, I doubt that you would be having this type of problem. I am also not sure if lack of money is really the main problem, or if money is a solution to the problems you face.

 

Mike

 

From: John McMillan [mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 10:15 PM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: Re: 5-23-14 urgent request to my kind older brother Michael

Thank you for writing, Michael.

 

 I find it very impressive, and a great tribute to yourself, that you are the ONLY current relative of mine who is willing to write me  ANY reply letter during this period of my life.

 

I wish to again emphasize that I am planning to follow the

once-per-year restriction you suggested for me on making a request for and actually receiving a personal loan from you.

 

If you are able and willing to help me out in this very crucial month of May, I hereby pledge that I definitely WILL NOT ask you for any financial help at any time in the next 12-month period.

 

(I should add that if you are not able or willing to lend me any money anymore, I will of course fully honor your wishes on that.)

 

As for the possibility that you might offer me a one-time loan for calendar year 2014, I hereby pledge that I will write about other topics throughout the entire next 12-month period if you are able and willing to help me at this time.

 

With Friendly Best Wishes, and as I write this I am attempting to imagine how many palm trees you have in your front yard of your apartment complex in the Los Angeles area,

 

your younger brother John.

 

P.S. One of the topics that I like the best when I think about California is aromatherapy. You and your kindly wife no doubt practice aromatherapy quite a bit, I would expect.

There is nothing more exhilarating than the great botanical scents you get there in California. Probably not eucalyptus where you live; but scents like orange blossoms. It would be great fun to visit an orange-tree grove in California, primarily for the sake of sniffing those sweet-scented orange trees in full bloom.

That might make a nice theme for a Hollywood movie, in fact: an aromatherapist, portrayed by an actress who loves that theme, who helps to make each of her client's days and nights as felicitously and healthfully aromtherapeutic as possible.

Hollywood actress Cameron Diaz has been quoted as saying that she is a big believer in aromatherapy---just one example of a Hollywood actor or actress who have spoken up on that topic.

 

 

 

 

 

John Kevin McMillan

From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: 'John McMillan' <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: 5-23-14 urgent request to my kind older brother Michael

 

Dear John,

 

I am not quite sure what to say, in that historical reminiscences do not seem to be the problem, as I see it. I get the impression that you are “running quite hard just to stay in place” so to speak, and no matter how hard you run, you always wind up at the same place every month.

 

I am surprised at how much your water bill is, as here in Los Angeles, we only pay about 6 dollars a month gas and 15 dollars a month for electricity; no one who rents pays for water, trash, etc. Our internet does cost about 50 dollars a month, but of course we use google talk for our phone, hence do not have a land based  phone bill..

 

Anyway, to get back to your predicament…as it evolves…I guess I feeling that somehow..you are getting by on a month to month basis…and hence it is difficult for me to figure out when there is a real emergency…not that I could really “help” you ..as there is always this question of running hard just to stay in place , and its monthly implications..

 

It is curious in that we have been corresponding for some time now, and I appreciate the problems of “roommates”..and I see how your problems do not simplify…but seem to multiply in a variety of unexpected ways…but also how much your problems are central to your life…they define you…so to speak ..

 

I could be wrong,

 

Mike

 

 

 

 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 12:01 PM
To: McMillan, Michael; McMillan, Michael
Subject: 5-23-14 urgent request to my kind older brother Michael

 

Dear Michael,

If you can recall ANY occasion in your own entire life when I myself have brightened your day or cheered you up or helped you in any way,

I am very, very hopeful that you will be wiling to make this your one-time-for-2014 occasion in which you very kindly offer me a short-term loan of $200 or $300.

 

I am way behind on paying my apartment rent due June 1, 2014, and I have not even paid my phone bill for this month.

As for my roommate situation, that older man (still unemployed, and he has told me he does NOT like working at any job, regardless of the job) continues to refuse to move out, saying that he likes the fact that I myself am dependably civil and law-abiding in my own conduct toward himself.

 

Until he .... moves out, I will continue to incur lots of extra expenses from his residing here.

 

My water bill, which I alone pay for, has doubled or tripled since he moved in, from what I can recall, and is currently at $49 for the most recent month-long period.

For obvious reasons, I am having to purchase single-serving food or beverage items at a convenience store or supermarket that I can consume away from this apartment unit. That does add to my food and beverage bill quite a bit.

 

Michael, if you can recall ANY moment from your own life when you felt good about me, I will be very, very grateful for your kind financial help on this one total occasion for calendar year 2014.

 

With Friendly Best Wishes from your appreciative younger brother,

John Kevin McMillan.

11411 Research Boulevard, Wind River Crossing Apartments, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.


 

 

John Kevin McMillan

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.