Thursday, June 1, 2023

DR. MICHAEL KIM McMILLAN OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA KECK MEDICAL SCHOOL ON MARCH 12, 2014, ADVISES ME TO PUT 'HUMOR' INTO MY REPORTS TO HIMSELF



McMillan, Michael <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>

To:mcmillanj@att.net

Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM


Dear John,


It has been many years since I "knew" you, and hence I have just been following your life through your narration/representation of it to me in these short communications, most of which also seem to include pleas for donations, which may or may not influence your narrative style..


I have long ago sensed certain themes in your narrations, which all seem to fall in the soap opera genre..Problems are never resolved, but only morph into slightly different problems, overall drive the narration and contribute to the "episodic" nature of your life..()stay tuned..same time same place next month, so to speak)


I sense you are very involved with your life story, I just wish you could find some more upbeat plot devices...maybe even some humor...as after all , it is springtime in Texas.


I am also curious what type of plot twists you plan for your life say 20 years from now as you correctly recognize the "happily ever after" as a fictional device. I suspect that you also realize the past is history, the future is "maybe", but you always live in the present,


Mike


From: John McMillan [mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:53 AM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: corrected vers, as you correctly ion Fw: Michael, are you able to help me at this very crucial time?



Please note the correction on a cited year, below, and please disregard the other version of E-mail I just sent you.
Sincerely,
John Kevin McMillan.


John Kevin McMillan

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net>
To: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Michael, are you able to help me at this very crucial time?



Michael,
I am a single adult gentleman; do you acknowledge my legal and human right to myself live alone and sleep alone on my bed without ANYONE having any physical contact with me of any type?
I pose this question because the "lived happily ever after" outcome in fairy tales, for instance, often refers to persons who get "married" to each other.
I am thoroughly repulsed by my current roommate...
Best Wishes,
John Kevin McMillan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.