Friday, June 2, 2023

A FRIENDLY EXCHANGE OF MESSAGES IN APRIL 2014 BETWEEN MYSELF AND MY OLDER BIOLOGICAL BROTHER DR. MICHAEL KIM McMILLAN OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

 


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: McMillan, Michael <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: "mcmillanj@att.net" <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 01:19:53 PM MDT
Subject: RE: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

Dear John,

 

I appreciate your emphasis on cheerful and people friendly way of life. I cannot begin to know how annoying it must get to have to pay huge overdraft fees, each time your checks bounce. Although in theory these are supposed to make you more careful, it is still an extremely profitable practice of banks which affects the poorest of the poor.

 

Mike

 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:01 PM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: Re: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear Michael,

Since I work seven days per week, and I have to maintain a cheerful and people-friendly style as a waiter or restaurant staff member every day of the week, and since I am taking logical steps to help get the crime case solved as soon as possible, I am very determined to remain calm and composed as much as I possibly can.

As for the birthday present request from myself that I previously made to you, I can fully understand if you  would not feel comfortable about befriending me in that way (not a loan, but a birthday gift in the form of money) at this time. 

That reminds me. I forget when your birthday is...

Best Wishes to you and your hopefully-honorable and hopefully-kind Chinese-born wife,

from John Kevin McMillan.

 

John Kevin McMillan


From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: 'John McMillan' <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:23 AM
Subject: RE: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear John,

 

I appreciate your good feelings towards me (I must confess to avoiding most all carbohydrates in my current diet, and hence no longer eat  at pancake houses). I am always amazed at how well you seem to be getting along, under what can only be described as the most difficult of times.

 

Mike

 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:14 PM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: Re: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear Michael,

I find it sad to note that I have not had a chance to invite you to lunch or breakfast or dinner on any occasion since we had breakfast together in the Original Pancake House along Parmer Lane in NW Austin. You seemed to like that chain restaurant, which pleased me.

I hope that you and your wife have an enjoyable month this April. That is my own "birthday" wish for each of you.

Best Wishes from your younger biological brother,

John Kevin McMillan.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.

P.S. ...Maybe (one or more cited relatives of yours) will make a point of visiting you and your wife in the Los Angeles area sometime this month. That way you could meet with biological relatives of yours this month, and you could introduce them to your Chinese-born wife. I hope your wife is as honorable as she professes to be, and that her honorable and honest style will impress (one or more of those cited relatives) during that visit of theirs to your metro area.

 

John Kevin McMillan


From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: 'John McMillan' <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:23 PM
Subject: RE: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear John,

 

The more I study medicine, the less confidence I have in today’s health care system, no matter how much insurance you have. One must always keep in mind that life is not a permanent condition, and hence I hope you enjoy every spring..esp in Texas..

 

Mike

 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:06 PM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: Re: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear Michael,

Thank you for encouraging me to focus in my communications with you on "good news" developments in my life.

Personally, I find it very impressive that your marriage has lasted several years, at this point. Many married couples in the United States get divorced within a year or two of their wedding ceremony.

You should feel very pleased to note that you and your wife are happily married to each other. And it is good to sense, from what you indicate, that she is very devoted to helping you achieve the best possible medical health throughout your life.

As for your career, I would not be surprised if someday a new medicine you develop through your research is eventually named after you. Father, as you know, once had a botanical plant he discovered on New Caledonia named after himself. 

How is that for a cheerful and optimistic outlook from your biological younger brother?

Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan.

 

 

John Kevin McMillan


From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: 'John McMillan' <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:55 PM
Subject: RE: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear John,

 

Why is your life always filled with problems, but never real solutions, just endless problems??

 

Mike

 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 10:47 AM
To: McMillan, Michael
Subject: Re: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Michael,

As I have told you I have spent a lot of money from having to buy small quantities of foods and beverages in convenience stores during this period. 

I tested positive for arsenic in May 2013. I asked for that blood and urine test after I noticed surprising unpleasant aftertastes in my store-bought foods and beverages in my apartment unit--this test for me having occurred a week or so after my new roommate moved in on April 27, 2013.

The State of Texas poison control center in Temple in May 2013 advised me to eat out more often during this particular period until my roommate (an older man...) moves out. I am doing that in the most frugal possible way I can, such as by eating yogurt for $1 at a McDonald's or buying a $1.49 beverage in a convenience store.

Michael, I would like to remind you that you have felt comfortable about giving me a birthday present in the form of cash in the past. If you don't feel  like giving me any birthday present this year, or if you don't feel you could afford to give me a $62 birthday present at this time, I would fully understand.

Best Wishes,

your brother John.

 

 

John Kevin McMillan


From: "McMillan, Michael" <mmcmilla@med.usc.edu>
To: 'John McMillan' <mcmillanj@att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:35 PM
Subject: RE: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

I still remember when you were trying to pay 700 $ a month rent, and of course also running short…

 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 10:30 AM
To: McMillan, Michael; McMillan, Michael
Subject: 4-8-14 emergency request for help from my very kind brother Michael

 

Dear Michael,

Today I learned that my checking account balance ....is now minus $61.50, if I remember correctly on the latter part. 

 

Michael, if you would feel comfortable about "giving" me a "birthday present" as soon as you possibly can today, in the form of a $62 or $70 or $80 online deposit into my checking account ..., I would be very, very happy throughout this birthday month. (I might add that I will gladly repay you that amount, if you prefer to make this a short-term loan to me, as soon as I possibly can).

 

That timely "birthday present" from you would also help me to avoid being subjected to another $150 in overdraft fees from debit-card payments I have made in a convenience store for very small food purchases of about $3 or so on several of them, and also for a debit-card payment I made yesterday to Luby's for my employee meal that day.

 

My checking account is overdrawn after a health-insurance premium check of mine for more than $100 put me under this week. That check of mine had been held for several weeks by my employer (Luby's corporate headquarters in Houston) that very generously offers me that comprehensive health insurance coverage through a United Health Care plan.

 

I hope that you are having an enjoyable and happy month of April. April is my favorite month of the entire year, and I want to offer you a birthday-month wish that you have the best possible medical care and the best possible medical health this year.

 

With Friendly Best Wishes from your younger biological brother in Austin,

 

John Kevin McMillan.

Home phone: (512) 342-2295.

My Home Address: 11411 Research Boulevard, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759....


 John Kevin McMillan

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.