Tuesday, May 11, 2021

ADVICE SOUGHT BY ME FROM AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT OR TRAVIS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY IN REGARD TO WHETHER I SHOULD AGREE TO BE INTERVIEWED BY 'AUSTIN AMERICAN-STATESMAN' DAILY NEWSPAPER IN A CONTEXT THAT RELATES TO CURRENT AND STILL-UNSOLVED APD CASE 21-0830533

 

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net>
To: william.costello@austintexas.gov <william.costello@austintexas.gov>; christopher.keen@austintexas.gov <christopher.keen@austintexas.gov>; patricia.cruz@austintexas.gov <patricia.cruz@austintexas.gov>; takebackhope@tlsc.org <takebackhope@tlsc.org>; Austin Police Dept. Asst. Chief Troy Gay <troy.gay@austintexas.gov>; joe.chacon@austintexas.gov <joe.chacon@austintexas.gov>; Rey Arellano <rey.arellano@austintexas.gov>; henry.kellison@traviscountytx.gov <henry.kellison@traviscountytx.gov>; jose.garza@traviscountytx.gov <jose.garza@traviscountytx.gov>; Fbinaa Info <info@fbinaa.org>; Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Justice Dept. <ttac@ovcttac.org>; Office for Victims of Crime (U.S. DOJ) <itverp@usdoj.gov>; The White House Attn Pres. Biden <engagement@ostp.eop.gov>; U.S. Department of Homeland Security <private.sector@dhs.gov>; Austin Homeland Security/Emergency 2021 <hsemcommunications@austintexas.gov>; CID <cid@cpa.texas.gov>; Hernandez Sally [TCSO] <sally.hernandez@traviscountytx.gov>; TXGov Child Sex Trafficking Team 2020 <cstt@gov.texas.gov>; Humantrafficking <humantrafficking@oag.texas.gov>; Texas Rangers (2015) <rangers@dps.texas.gov>; tracy.martinez@dps.texas.gov <tracy.martinez@dps.texas.gov>; Mike Henderson <mike.henderson@traviscountytx.gov>; delia.garza@traviscountytx.gov <delia.garza@traviscountytx.gov>; City of Austin City Attorney Anne Morgan <anne.morgan@austintexas.gov>; Jason Laduque <jason.laduque@austintexas.gov>; Mike King <michael.king@austintexas.gov>; Lelan Larroque <lelan.larroque@austintexas.gov>; josh.reno@texasattorneygeneral.gov <josh.reno@texasattorneygeneral.gov>; brent.dupre@texasattorneygeneral.gov <brent.dupre@texasattorneygeneral.gov>; APD Officer James Turner <james.turner@austintexas.gov>; mark.bozyk@austintexas.gov <mark.bozyk@austintexas.gov>; Issa.Kafena <issa.kafena@austintexas.gov>; Daniel Evans <daniel.evans@traviscountytx.gov>; daniel.portnoy@austintexas.gov <daniel.portnoy@austintexas.gov>; Dave Mahoney <dave.mahoney@traviscountytx.gov>; DFPS Office Of Consumer Relations <ocr@dfps.state.tx.us>; debbie.reynolds@traviscountytx.gov <debbie.reynolds@traviscountytx.gov>; ryan.fisher@texasattorneygeneral.gov <ryan.fisher@texasattorneygeneral.gov>; steven.mccraw@dps.texas.gov <steven.mccraw@dps.texas.gov>; elder.justice@usdoj.gov <elder.justice@usdoj.gov>; csfc@nsa.gov <csfc@nsa.gov>; National Counterterrorism Center (2021) <dni-media@dni.gov>; DOJ Sexual Harassment in Housing Initiative (CRT) <sexualharassment.inhousing@usdoj.gov>; Austin Regional Crime and Terrorism Intelligence Center <aric@austintexas.gov>; intex@fortworthtexas.gov <intex@fortworthtexas.gov>; swtxfusion@sanantonio.gov <swtxfusion@sanantonio.gov>; pdfusion@elpasotexas.gov <pdfusion@elpasotexas.gov>; dallas.fusion@dpd.ci.dallas.tx.us <dallas.fusion@dpd.ci.dallas.tx.us>; txjcic@dps.texas.gov <txjcic@dps.texas.gov>; Darla Dixon <darla.dixon@tcole.texas.gov>; Cleat Info <info@cleat.org>; ntfc@collincountytx.gov <ntfc@collincountytx.gov>; floridafusioncenter@fdle.state.fl.us <floridafusioncenter@fdle.state.fl.us>; Tennessee Fusion Center 2021 <tipstotbi@tn.gov>; ND State & Local Intelligence Center <ndslic@nd.gov>; publicrecords@gov.texas.gov <publicrecords@gov.texas.gov>; igr@traviscountytx.gov <igr@traviscountytx.gov>; stacc@dps.ohio.gov <stacc@dps.ohio.gov>; intelligence.fusion@state.nm.us <intelligence.fusion@state.nm.us>; Fusion Center <fusion@osbi.ok.gov>; arfusioncenter@asp.arkansas.gov <arfusioncenter@asp.arkansas.gov>; lawrence.davis@austintexas.gov <lawrence.davis@austintexas.gov>; ruben.espinoza@austintexas.gov <ruben.espinoza@austintexas.gov>; travis.vonholt@austintexas.gov <travis.vonholt@austintexas.gov>; kristy.astran@austintexas.gov <kristy.astran@austintexas.gov>; blair.brozynski@austintexas.gov <blair.brozynski@austintexas.gov>; michael.siegel@austintexas.gov <michael.siegel@austintexas.gov>; cfix@ocfl.net <cfix@ocfl.net>; St. Petersburg (FL) Police Dept. (2016) <robert.page@stpete.org>; ioc@mdpd.com <ioc@mdpd.com>; lafusion.center@dps.la.gov <lafusion.center@dps.la.gov>; MIAC 24/7 <miac@mshp.dps.mo.gov>; bric@pd.boston.gov <bric@pd.boston.gov>; ntac@dps.state.nv.us <ntac@dps.state.nv.us>; pio@lvmpd.com <pio@lvmpd.com>; National Human Trafficking Hotline <nhtrc@polarisproject.org>; Polarisproject Info <info@polarisproject.org>; tammymartin@texaspolicechiefs.org <tammymartin@texaspolicechiefs.org>; Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo <art.acevedo@houstonpolice.org>; icehumantrafficking.helpdesk@dhs.gov <icehumantrafficking.helpdesk@dhs.gov>; DPS IT Servicedesk <dps.help@state.nm.us>; U.S. Capitol Security Police 2021 <uscapitolpolice@uscp.gov>; info@stlfc.org <info@stlfc.org>; prestonp@cityofnorthlasvegas.com <prestonp@cityofnorthlasvegas.com>; perezg@cityofnorthlasvegas.com <perezg@cityofnorthlasvegas.com>; siac@utah.gov <siac@utah.gov>; fusion@pol.state.ma.us <fusion@pol.state.ma.us>; vfc@vfc.vsp.virginia.gov <vfc@vfc.vsp.virginia.gov>; patrick.stewart@austintexas.gov <patrick.stewart@austintexas.gov>; ciu@nysic.ny.gov <ciu@nysic.ny.gov>; stac@caloes.ca.gov <stac@caloes.ca.gov>; jric@jric.org <jric@jric.org>; Marybeth Smith <marybeth.smith@traviscountytx.gov>; icic@fusion.idaho.gov <icic@fusion.idaho.gov>; kcrfc@kcpd.org <kcrfc@kcpd.org>; Hays County (TX) Sheriff's Office CID Unit (2016) <jeri@co.hays.tx.us>; San Marcos Police Chief Standridge 2021 <sstandridge@sanmarcostx.gov>; Jason Smith <jsmith@pflugervilletx.gov>; Sunset Valley Police Dept. Lt. Richard Andreucci <randreucci@sunsetvalley.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:15:32 AM CDT
Subject: reply sought from detective or DA's Office on 'Austin American-Statesman' request for info from me re: APD Case 21-0830533

May 11, 2021

Dear Austin (TX) Police Department  (APD) Detectives, including APD Sex Crimes Unit Detective William Costello; Austin-based Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza; and Travis County District Attorney's Office representative Henry Kellison, who is the first-rate Executive Assistant to DA Garza,

As I'm sure each of you is already aware, I am the current criminal-law complainant in Austin Police Department Alleged Home-Invasion-Crimes-and-Sex Crimes Case Number 21-0830533. First-rate APD Detective William Costello is the assigned investigator in that crime case. As of today, no forensic DNA-swabs anal-rape-evidence medical exam on me for that alleged-continuous-crimes case has been authorized for me so far by APD.

I would appreciate a written reply note to me from APD Detective Costello, APD Sex Crimes Unit Sergeant Christopher Keen, APD Violent Crimes Command Investigations Sergeant Jason Laduque, APD Assistant Chief Troy Gay, APD Interim Chief Joe Chacon, any other law-enforcement officer or other law-enforcement agency, or from the Travis County DA's Office in regard to whether I myself as a current criminal-law complainant  for APD should agree to an interview request I received in mid-April 2021. That request to me was from a female apparent reporting intern for "The Austin American-Statesman" who stated her name (below) as "Laura Morales".

I would appreciate a written response on this. I am concerned about the possibility, however remote, that if I myself agree to an interview with the "Austin American-Statesman" daily newspaper here in this state-capital city for Texas, a photograph of myself would then be published that accompanies the resulting news story or news-feature story in the "American-Statesman".  To the best of my knowledge, no photo image of me has ever been published anywhere in "The Austin American-Statesman" on any occasion so far this century; and so far this century, I have never been interviewed for a story or news report by any Austin-based or Austin-area-based television station or radio station or newspaper.
 It seems to me possible  that publication of a photo of myself in "The American-Statesman" in 2021 might trigger possible reprisals against me during a time period in which no suspect has actually been arrested by APD and has been officially charged with having committed a crime that victimized me. In fact, I am not aware of any occasion in my entire life thus far in which APD has itself ever arrested anyone and actually charged that person with having committed a crime in which I was a cited victim.

I myself currently reside in a high-crime-rate area of Austin, I do not own a motor vehicle, and I travel on foot or travel by Cap Metro bus on a daily and year-round basis. 
If any visual image of my face or a visual image of my entire fully-attired body were publicized in a context that contains a statement of mine to the "Austin American-Statesman" that no APD arrest of any suspect has occurred yet and no DNA-traces anal-rape-evidence exam on me has been authorized for me by APD anytime this year or anytime in the most recent nine-year period,  for that matter, possibly one or more persons with alleged possible criminal intent toward me might possibly then target me for possible retaliation as I walk to and from bus stops or wait at bus stops in north Austin.

 The following (below) is the exact verbatim text of a very unexpected and much-appreciated recorded voice mail message I received from the "Austin American-Statesman" and listened to on my home phone line on Friday, April 16, 2021, inside my current rental-apartment unit at Pebble Creek Apartments, 8805 North Plaza Drive, in Austin.

The voice-mail message to me was the first-ever oral communication or written communication I can recall having ever received from any staff member of "The Austin American-Statesman" that was in direct response to a recent voice-mail statement of mine to the "American-Statesman" staff about possible safe-housing issues for me in Austin.  The "Austin American-Statesman" is reportedly owned at present by the Gannett media company of McLean, Virginia.

The voice-mail messages of mine I had left with that very influential daily newspaper on April 13, 2021, had stated, among other things, that I myself "assume" that "American-Statesman" Executive Editor John Bridges supports safe housing conditions for me, including during my sleeping hours, inside my current solo-occupancy bolt-locked rental-apartment unit in northeast Austin.  

The return recorded-voice-mail message (exactly quoted below) to me from the "American-Statesman" that I listened to on April 16, 2021, for the first time was from a female apparent reporting intern for the "Austin American-Statesman" general-circulation daily newspaper:

"Hi, Mr. uh, McMillan, my name is Laura Morales, from the 'Austin American-Statesman'. I'm just calling you back, um, based on a call you gave us about a housing issue. I would be very interested in getting to know a little bit more about what you're facing. So if you could please call me back to (210) 780-0152, I would greatly appreciate any information, and a little bit more explanation about the recent voice mail that you left with one of our reporters. Um, so, yeah, any information would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day. Bye-bye."

That exact verbatim voice-mail-message statement to me from "American-Statesman" reporting intern Laura Morales was saved by me and remains in my voice-mail system for my home phone line inside my current always-bolt-locked apartment unit. My landline home phone service has been provided to me ever since late June 2021 by Grande Communications of San Marcos, Texas, through a monopoly contract that Grande Communications has for any and all landline home-phone service for any and all tenants or residents of the Pebble Creek Apartments, the gated-community complex where I have resided on a continuous and uninterrupted basis ever since June 21, 2019.


According to the official website for the "Austin American-Statesman", Laura Morales is a "spring 2021 Newsroom intern for the Statesman. She studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and serves as the Vice President of Texas NAHJ, the National Association of Hispanic Journalist(s) chapter at the University of Texas. She has written for The San Antonio Current, Texas Standard and The San Antonio Report as an intern and The Daily Texan as a senior news reporter."

Thank you in advance for any written response on this that any of you law-enforcement officers or local DA's Office officials are willing to provide me on this very important question that has arisen for me.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,
John Kevin McMillan, Date of Birth 4-27-1957 (April 27, 1957), city of birth Lincoln, Nebraska.
My solo-occupancy efficiency-apartment-unit rental-home address ever since June 21, 2019: 
Pebble Creek Apartments (a Belco Equities-affiliated, large gated-community complex), 8805 North Plaza Drive, Building 17 (northeastern corner of complex), 
Apt. 2418 (a second-floor, eastward-facing unit), 
Austin, TX 78753.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
Cell phone: (512) 993-7305.


John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.