Monday, April 24, 2017

CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN DOWNTOWN AUSTIN ON APRIL 24, 2017, RECEIVES WRITTEN COMPLAINT BY ME ABOUT AN ALLEGED PERMANENT BAN REPORTEDLY IMPOSED ON ME BY MY DULY-ELECTED CITY COUNCIL MEMBER FOR MY OWN DISTRICT, THE HARVARD-TRAINED PUBLIC-POLICY EXPERT Dr. ALISON ALTER



On Monday, April 24, 2017 4:11 PM, John McMillan wrote:

To: Assistant City Attorney Jerikay Gayle in the Open Government and Ethics Division of the City of Austin Law Department (City Attorney's Office) at City Hall in downtown Austin, with your office phone number being (512) 974-2268.

April 24, 2017


Dear Assistant City Attorney Gayle,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me today from your City Attorney's office desk in regard to the reported recent public-policy decision in regard to me by my duly-elected Austin City Council Member for my specific district, Dr. Alison Alter, that reportedly went into effect the morning of March 9, 2017.

Dr. Alter, as you of course know, in her 2016 political campaign for the City Council District 10 seat repeatedly emphasized that she is a public-policy expert with a PhD in Political Economy and Government from Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass., and with prior training in public-policy issues at Stanford University in northern California, she also emphasized.

The cited public-policy decision by Council Member Alter, as quoted to me on March 9 by another City Government of Austin official, permanently forbids me from ever again making any phone call of any type directly to, or ever again sending any written communications of any type directly to, or ever at any time visiting, her own City Council office in City Hall in downtown Austin.

When I indicated to you in our phone conversation today that I personally question the legality of the "no-calls, no-letters, no visits" reported ban on myself by Council Member Alter, you replied:

"Mr. McMillan, we do not represent outside parties (sic). We represent City officials and City staff. We'd be on the other side (from yourself) on that issue."

At no time during our phone conversation today did you ever cite to me any allegedly illegal conduct of any type by myself toward Austin District 10 resident and current City Council Member Dr. Alison Alter.

At no time during our phone conversation today did you ever dispute or inquire about the statement I attributed to a male City of Austin "Community Liaison" official who had visited my apartment unit on the morning of March 9, 2017, and informed me in person at that time that Council Member Alter on her own initiative personally imposed each of the cited permanent prohibitions or permanent bans on me.

As you may already be very aware, Assistant City Attorney Gayle, I am myself a dependably civil and law-abiding and honest, gainfully employed, single-by-choice, longtime-celibate-by-choice, permanently alcohol-free (ever since 1990) and never previously addicted, lifelong-tobacco-free and anti-tobacco-minded, permanently marijuana-free (ever since 1984) and anti-marijuana-minded as well as anti-medical-marijuana-minded, lifelong-tattoo-less and anti-tattoos-minded, facially-cleanshaven and anti-facial-hair-minded, consistently clean-talking (no profanity or obscenities by me in my everyday conversations with others), religiously-independent (Progressive Prohibitionist) and lifelong-non-Christian as well as lawfully non-Christian, non-transsexual and anti-sex-change-operations-minded, permanently jewelry-less-by-choice and platonicly polite, adult male resident of Austin District 10. I myself have no criminal-conviction record, and I take great pride in being very honorable in that and other ways.

I might add that I am a certified direct descendant of the Rev. William Brewster, the great Puritan religious leader who served as head chaplain on the Mayflower and as a leading adviser to Governor William Bradford of the British-governed Plymouth Colony---territory south of Boston that today is situated in the U.S. Commonwealth (state) of Massachusetts.

I am personally shocked and very dismayed that a citizen of Austin as honorable as I myself obviously am, would somehow be denied my asserted civil right and legal right to myself directly contact the City Council office of the one total Austin City Council member, Dr. Alison Alter, who directly serves and directly represents me on the Austin City Council.

However, as I politely emphasized to you in our phone conversation today, I of course have fully and immediately honored Council Member Alter's cited requests of me that I was informed about for the first time ever on the morning of March 9, 2017.

Assistant City Attorney Gayle, I would appreciate a courtesy reply note from you on all of this.

In that courtesy reply note, please simply confirm for me in writing that this factual statement about what we discussed in our brief telephone conversation today is, in fact, fully accurate.

Also in that courtesy reply note, please state to me in writing (if true) that you have no reason to believe or suspect that Council Member Alter was misquoted or misrepresented in any way by the City of Austin-employed and City of Austin-designated "Community Liaison" to myself, James Turner, the white male Texas State University alumnus who himself visited my apartment unit on March 9, 2017.

Thank you in advance for your helpful reply note to me on this.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan, a resident of this capital city of Texas ever since mid-March 1997.
My home address ever since late September 2015:
Village Oaks Apartments (a very large northwest-Austin apartment complex that is reportedly owned and managed by a for-profit corporation headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts), 10926 Jollyville Road, Building 9, Apartment 902, Austin, Texas, 78759.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My Blog: John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda
John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda
Observations for a rationally religious and implicitly deistic modern religion, public-policy writing, creative ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.