Monday, April 29, 2019

IF I WERE IN U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP'S SHOES, AND I'M VERY GRATEFUL THAT I'M NOT, I WOULD:


--Insist on full and immediate release of my completed federal-income tax forms to the news media and the American people. This would help to demonstrate that, in fact, I have "nothing to hide" from the American people, as I might declare at a press conference. If those who then review what I publicly release question the level of integrity I exhibited in my income tax returns, I will publicly welcome and directly address each of their concerns at a public-accountability event to be televised by the news media.

---Deliver a televised speech explaining the various incentives that I as a fervent supporter of entrepreneurialism in our capitalist system am seeking to offer. I will offer those incentives as a way of fostering creative, innovative pursuits by courageous, hard-working individuals exhibiting entrepreneurial zeal. In my speech, I would cite numerous ways ever since our nation was founded in which entrepreneurialism has played a very commendable  and noble role in revitalizing and strengthening the American economy and American society.

--Deliver a televised speech explaining why the First Lady and I on a year-round basis participate extensively in recycling of as many recyclable items in The White House as we possibly can, and why my Administration has a policy of praising and rewarding the departments of the executive branch that recycle the most extensively. In my speech, I will also cite many of the reasons why this entire nation and world benefit from extensive year-round participation in recycling by Americans and American society. I might also seize the opportunity to express my strong support for an increasing role in our nation's economy from businesses that provide recycling services or act as consultants to businesses seeking to recycle more extensively.

---Announce to the United Nations General Assembly that upon further review, this particular "referee" in the White House has concluded that ozone layer depletion poses a grave threat to human civilization and to the wildlife of this planet, so I have chosen to reverse my earlier "ruling" on that issue. I will insist on myself personally signing the Global Warming Effect treaty that nearly all other heads of state have agreed to sign.

---Announce that I am determined to see a significant reduction in urban sprawl and the accompanying loss of agricultural cropland and pastureland and wilderness land throughout nearly all of the United States. I will insist on myself sponsoring a White House Conference on Urban Sprawl Containment and myself appointing a federal commission to offer recommendations on how urban sprawl can be successfully deterred throughout this nation.

---Deliver  a "Heart to Heart Talk With the American People" television address in which I devote 30 minutes to explaining why I strongly support a civil and law-abiding response by each and every American citizen or foreign visitor to any and all challenges or crises that they as individuals might ever face. I would offer real-life examples of occasions from my own life in which I was infuriated or alienated or outraged by conduct I'd observed from adversaries or perceived "enemies" of mine.  Despite those occasions in which my own civility and patience were tried and tested to the very utmost, I still found a way, whether as a business owner or as an American citizen or father or uncle or husband or public official, to respond  to that challenge without ANY violence or any verbalized THREAT of violence against ANY of those individuals whose conduct was outrageous to me. The intent behind my "Heart to Heart Talk With the American People" would be to help encourage and inspire Americans and foreign visitors of all ages, including in their teens and twenties, to strive to consistently identify a civil and law-abiding response to any challenge or crisis or any perceived "enemy" they might ever face or encounter in their own life.

---Deliver a new televised speech in which I politely revise a previous statement I had made about my endorsing an "America First" policy. In this new speech, I would emphasize the great benefit to the United States and to our entire world from the U.S. Government's and American people's alliances and friendship with other kind, conscientious, and democratic nations. I would re-state my policy as an "America and Our Allies First" policy, while also emphasizing a great dedication by the U.S. Government and American society toward a consistently peace-loving, cooperative style toward honorable nations that are not currently classified as "allies" or "friends" of the USA.

---Publicly acknowledge the possibility that allegations against me about alleged impropriety are  very serious in nature, and that I can  conceive of circumstances during my current term of office in which I might resign from the Presidency. I would do that, I might emphasize in that scenario, to protect the current and future credibility of the Presidency in the American governmental system.

---Verbalize the phrases "conflict of interest" and "ethical issues" and "transparency" and "honesty in government" on a frequent basis in referring to current or future planned conduct by myself and other members of my Administration. This might help to demonstrate to the American people that I am striving to become a truly conscientious and honorable U.S. President.

---Apologize for any obscene or off-color language I have previously verbalized at any time during my first term of office. I will emphasize at a press conference or during a televised address to the entire nation that I now believe very strongly, with the benefit of hindsight, that profane speech in American society plays a major role in the appallingly frequent incidence of violent crime in our nation. As our chief of state, I want to set a good example for our entire nation, by myself REFRAINING from ever again verbalizing any profane or obscene word or deliberately nasty put-down of any person or group of persons.

---Establish a tradition of each month presiding over a White House ceremony that honors one courageous and vigilant federal employee or federal official who during the most recent 30-day period had contributed significantly toward exposing a possible violation of the law or possible flagrant incompetence by a federal, state, or local government agency or public official, regardless of whether I myself or my own Administration were among those identified as possibly blameworthy by the vigilant federal employees being publicly praised at that ceremony.

---Deliver a televised address to the entire nation in which I declare that I as a very successful landlord and realtor have zero tolerance toward unsafe housing conditions inside rental units anywhere in the United States, and that I will ask the U.S. Congress to approve a new law making it a federal offense if ANY landlord or realtor anywhere in the United States knowingly and deliberately subjects a tenant to unsafe housing conditions inside a rental unit.

---Deliver a "Presidential Humility Address" to the American people in which I quote 1950s Democratic Party Presidential Candidate Adlai Stevenson as saying that "Self-criticism is the secret weapon of a democracy". I would then add that during the remainder of my first term of office I will be publicly acknowledging mistakes that I and others in my administration have made. In my speech, I will candidly note that my prior days as a business tycoon had overemphasized "chutzpah" and brashness on my part, and that as President I have now chosen to pursue a more statesmanlike, more tactful, more conciliatory, more polite style. I will also announce that from that point onward, I will be limiting my tweets to one tweet per month, since I want to make sure that whatever I do share in tweet form is well-thought-out and tactful and truly helpful.

---Make a point of each week citing recent public-policy actions pursued by a federal, state, or local government agency in the United States that have truly been helpful. In this way, I can convey my own strong support for excellence in government, and thereby address concerns about me from those who might say that my being a businessman might undermine my ability to appreciate government actions at their very finest.

---Sponsor or preside over a public forum I would agree to attend in order to invite very tangible, very specific suggestions from members of the U.S. Congress on which specific alternatives to the proposed wall between the U.S. and Mexico might possibly be as successful or more successful at deterring illegal immigration into the United States by Latin Americans.

---Publicly declare that I do in fact support population control for this nation, and that my policy on preventing illegal immigration was partly aimed at achieving the admirable goal of zero population growth for the United States. I would then add that I have reviewed my previous statements on birth control, and I now agree, with the benefit of hindsight, that birth control and abstinence (celibacy) can help our entire nation to achieve the goal of zero population growth.

---Express a lot more interest in qualitative aspects of the American economy. I would urge a restructuring of the U.S. economy that reduces the role of the drinking alcohol and tobacco and marijuana and tattoo-parlor industries, and that INCREASES the role of the recycling industry, the pollution-abatement industry, the lifelong-sports industry, the continuing-education programs industry, and the crime-deterrence industry, for instance.

---Insist on presiding over a White House Conference on Mass Homicide that promotes public dialogue about the underlying contributors to mass murder in American society today, along with which public-policy actions by the federal and state and local governments can help to deter mass murder in this nation.

---Promote participation in honorable volunteer groups and other law-abiding civic groups by as many American citizens as possible. I would emphasize to the American people that those who feel "engaged" in their community in that wholesome and law-abiding and honorable manner are significantly LESS likely to experience the intense isolation of "anomie" or develop significant alienation from the world around them. That intense isolation and alienation has been shown to play a role in many of the outbreaks of violence, including mass homicides, that have occurred in the United States, I would emphasize to the American people.

---Deliver a "Heart to Heart Talk" televised speech to young persons and others in which I explain I urge each of them to develop honorable hobbies and pastimes that can help them feel creatively and personally fulfilled on a year-round and multi-year and lifelong basis. "Americans who enjoy their hobbies are FAR less likely to commit a violent crime than Americans who don't have enjoyable hobbies and pastimes pursuits during their leisuretime."

---Deliver a "Heart to Heart" televised speech in which I cite examples of friends and associates of mine who are no longer drug addicts or addicted to drinking alcohol, and how they each benefited greatly from enrollment in a drug-treatment or alcohol-treatment program that helped them to turn their live around and saved their life. I would urge all Americans to either seek treatment for drug or alcohol addiction or help a friend or relative or acquaintance or coworker to obtain treatment for drug or alcohol addiction.

---Deliver a televised address to the entire nation in which I declare that I as President of the United States will not tolerate any cases of continuous-personal-injury-crimes or any cases of thought-control projects that are ever found to be occurring anywhere in the United States. On behalf of my goal of eliminating continuous-personal-injury-crimes and thought-control projects from American society, I will assign very high priority to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for investigating those types of crimes and arresting suspects in connection with those crimes. I will ask my FBI director to establish an FBI Center on Continuous-Personal-Injury Crimes and Thought-Control Projects at the earliest opportunity.
As my tweets at their best have hopefully demonstrated to the American people, I support a vigorous freedom of speech tradition for all Americans, and I very emphatically oppose and am appalled by any form of censorious conduct --- such as might occur through continuous-personal-injury-crime 'punishments' that vigilantee groups in the U.S. might attempt to inflict on a cited victim whose beliefs or personal values or prejudices those vigilantee groups dislike, or through outrageously censorious thought-control projects being inflicted on a person against his wishes --- anywhere in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.