Tuesday, April 23, 2019

APPARENT NEED FOR A LOW-SODIUM STUFFED OLIVES PRODUCT FOR THOSE PURSUING A HEART-HEALTHY DIET


This Monday night, I did discuss this issue with a member of the management team at the H.E.B. chain supermarket near where I live. H.E.B. Supermarkets are headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.

I myself am under doctor's orders to limit my own sodium intake each day to no more than 2,000 milligrams. I am also under doctor's orders to minimize my own daily consumption of saturated fats (as distinct from monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats, either of which are actually heart-healthy).


The American Heart Association's current official website states: "The American Heart Association recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams (mg) a day and moving toward an ideal limit of no more than 1,500 mg per day for most adults."

I found that information a matter of minutes ago at the following American Heart Association-sponsored webpage:
https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/sodium/how-much-sodium-should-i-eat-per-day

The H.E.B. manager I spoke with this Monday night inside his store stated that he is not aware of any low-sodium bottled olives product at present.

However, he kindly indicated that he will attempt to find out whether he can locate a low-sodium olives product on the market and then offer that product at that particular H.E.B. location in northwest Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.