Saturday, January 21, 2017

A REPRESENTATIVE FOR DISTRICT 10 AUSTIN CITY COUNCIL MEMBER ALISON ALTER DECLINES TO STATE WHETHER Dr. ALTER SUPPORTS FULL FREEDOM FROM CRIME FOR MYSELF INSIDE MY LOCKED BEDROOM OF MY BOLT-LOCKED APARTMENT UNIT IN NORTHWEST AUSTIN


"I (Mr. Rivera) can't really speak for her (Dr. Alter) on that," said Osiel Rivera, a self-identified "temporary" assistant to the new District 10 Austin City Council member, Dr. Alison Alter.


Mr. Rivera made that comment to me on the telephone from Dr. Alter's City Hall office in downtown Austin at about noon this Friday, January 20, 2017.


"She (District 10 Council Member Alter) has not commented on that (issue you've raised)" in her conversations with Mr. Rivera, he said.

Dr. Alison Alter, a former resident of Cambridge, Massachusetts, holds a PhD in Political Economy and Government from Harvard University. She earned her undergraduate degree at Stanford University in northern California.

I did politely remind Osiel Rivera in our January 20 phone conversation that I had previously spoken with him about this very same public-policy issue and human-rights issue when I called Dr. Alter's City Hall office on January 12, 2017---more than one week ago.

Also in my January 20 phone conversation this Friday with Mr. Rivera, I indicated to him that I assumed he has informed Dr. Alter about the public-policy question that I had posed to him in that previous January 12 phone conversation I had with him.

Mr. Rivera replied that Dr. Alter has been very occupied from hiring new staff members for her City Council office and from attending meetings with City of Austin department heads.


Council Member Alter is also diligently preparing for her first-ever Austin City Council meeting in which she is a duly-elected member, Mr. Rivera said. That Council meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, January 26, he said.

In the January 12 phone conversation I had with Mr. Rivera, he did venture to say that he himself DOES personally support my legal right to enjoy full freedom from crime on a year-round basis inside my locked private bedroom of my bolt-locked apartment unit in northwest Austin. 


Mr. Rivera added, however, in that same January 12 phone conversation that as a temporary assistant to Council Member Alter, he himself could not speak for her on that public-policy issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.