Thursday, December 26, 2019

MY POLITE EXCHANGE OF E-MAIL LETTERS WITH PATRICK B. HOWARD, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF TRAVIS COUNTY, THIS CHRISTMAS DAY AND THE DAY AFTER


From: John McMillan
To: Patrick B Howard
Cc: Dave Mahoney ; Mike Henderson ; Margaret Moore ; Sarah Eckhardt ; Jeffrey Travillion ; Brigid Shea ; Margaret Gomez ; Gerald Daugherty ; District 4 ; U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (2015) ; U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Devlpt (TX regional office) ; Kirk Watson ; Sally Hernandez ; Office for Victims of Crime (U.S. DOJ) ; Darla Dixon ; Rep. Sheryl Cole (2019 CentralTX) ; Fbinaa Info ; Governor's Office of Texas Open Records Administrator ; Texas Legal ; ACLU ; Texas Association Against Sexual Assault Atty Kaiser 2016 ; Texas DPS Office of General Counsel ; U.S. Department of Homeland Security ; Spencer Cronk ; Rey Arellano ; Patsy Spaw ; David Maxwell ; Texas Rangers Division of DPS ; City of Austin Interim City Attorney Anne Morgan ; Justin Holland ; central_texas@cruz.senate.gov ; Austin Board of Realtors-Govt. Relations ; Joyfulheartfoundation Info ; Texasadvocacyproject Info ; State Comptroller Criminal Investigations Division Chief Martin Cano ; Jeff Pender ; sarah@nshhcoalition.org ; Andre Adams ; Javier Cansino ; Wind River Crossing GM Ann Coker ; Jackson Anna ; marcos.johnson@austintexas.gov ; APD Interim Police Chief Brian Manley ; Austin Mayor Steve Adler ; David Escamilla ; John Hitzelberg ; Piper Stege Nelson ; Bnaibrith Info ; Ghbc Info ; Dwayne Bohac ; National Crime Victim Law Institute (Lewis & Clark Law School Portland Oregon) ; Cedar Park (TX) Police (2016) ; TRA General Counsel Kenneth Besserman ; Austin American-Statesman Managing Editor John Bridges ; National Center On Elder Abuse ; Williamson County (TX) Attorney (2016) ; Rabbinic Call for Human Rights (NYC) ; AARP ; Rep. Erin Zwiener 2019CentralTX ; Austin City Council Member Ann Kitchen (2016) ; Federal Law Enf. Officers Assn ; takebackhope@tlsc.org ; Rep. John Bucy 2019CentralTX ; Leticia Solis ; sandra.benningfield@austintexas.gov ; Austin Board of Realtors Andrei Lubomudrov (2015) ; Austin Board of Realtors Lara2015 ; Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts ; Don Zimmerman District 6 Northwest Austin ; StateRep.DonnaHoward ; district9@austintexas.gov ; shawn.dick@wilco.org ; Rep. James Talarico 2019 Central TX ; Sunset Valley Police Dept. Lt. Richard Andreucci ; Rosie Truelove ; Sociology Prof. Jim Nolan West Va. University ; alumnimembership@umn.edu ; Gina Hinojosa ; Public Information ; Kyle Biedermann ; rafael.kianes@austintexas.gov ; Leticia Acosta ; Sona Nast ; Liz Laurence ; Bruce Garrison ; richard.jennings@austintexas.gov ; jason.laduque@austintexas.gov ; Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault ; Mncasa Info ; Daily Texan Alumni Association (2016) ; Senator John Whitmire ; State Senator Joan Huffman ; Roger Jefferies ; Patti Smith ; Austin City Auditor QA Coordinator (2016) ; Brian Gruetzner ; help@elizabethwarren.com ; manager@pebblecreekapartments.net ; DFPS Office Of Consumer Relations
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 03:05:09 PM CST
Subject: Re: [CAUTION EXTERNAL] 12-25-19 follow-up question re: safe housing

December 26, 2019

Dear Housing Authority of Travis County (TX) Executive Director Howard, 

Thank you for your friendly reply note (below) to me on Christmas Day.

One follow-up question I also need to ask you:
Do you support safe sleeping conditions for me on a daily and year-round basis inside my current bolt-locked solo-occupancy rental housing unit----safe sleeping conditions in which any and all persons other than myself are kept AWAY from any portion of the interior of my current bolt-locked efficiency apartment at all times when I am lying alone, asleep and unconscious, on my own bed inside that bolt-locked rental-housing unit?

If so, are you willing to yourself ask the Travis Sheriff's Office or some other law-enforcement agency with jurisdiction to possibly assist the Austin Police Department in helping me to keep any and all alleged home-invasion-crimes perpetrators and alleged trespassers AWAY from my current solo-occupancy bolt-locked current efficiency apartment unit during any and all of my own night-time sleeping hours or napping hours?

I am posing the first question (above) to you because as of today, at least, numerous government officials to whom I have directly posed that type of question on an individual basis, including my duly-elected member of the Texas House, State Rep. Sheryl Cole;  my duly-elected District 4 representative on the Austin City Council, Mr. Greg Casar; and U.S. President Donald Trump, have each chosen not to send me any reply note thus far in response to this very basic type of public-policy-related question from this particular constituent of theirs, myself.

Thank you in advance, Mr. Howard, for your helpful reply message in response to these two follow-up questions from me. I appreciate your promptness in sending me people-friendly e-mail notes relating to my goal of achieving safe sleeping or napping conditions for myself on a daily and year-round basis inside my bolt-locked apartment unit in Austin.

Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan, a longstanding criminal-law complainant through the Austin Police Department for APD Case 16-1340923, a cited crime case for which APD's Sex Crimes Unit in 2019 has accepted from me a half-dozen flashdrives of photo images obtained for me during my sleeping hours inside my current rental unit---a bolt-locked apartment unit that is very comfortable for me whenever I am not taking a nap or sleeping on my bed; and I might add that I ALWAYS nap or sleep alone on my own bed.
Home address: Pebble Creek Apartments, 8805 North Plaza Drive, Apt. 2418, Austin, TX 78753.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
Cell phone: (512) 993-7305.


John Kevin McMillan


On Wednesday, December 25, 2019, 05:02:26 PM CST, Patrick B Howard wrote:


John, I’m out of town, but will reply as promptly as I can. The issue with those that meet the financial obligation, there is still a waiting llst.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 25, 2019, at 4:58 PM, John McMillan wrote:

CAUTION: This email is from OUTSIDE Travis County. Links or attachments may be dangerous. Click the Phish Alert button above if you think this email is malicious.


Christmas Day 2019

Dear Travis County Housing Authority Executive Director Howard, with your office phone number of (512) 854-8245 and your office number of (512) 854-1899,

Best Wishes to you and your staff this Holiday Season and in the New Year.

Thank you again for having officially authorized me in advance, with help from your female executive assistant Shenika Howard, to myself meet you in person inside your county housing authority office at 502 East Highland Mall Boulevard, Suite 106-B, for a planned appointment with you to take place between 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, October 29. 

As you may recall, you later canceled that appointment with me on the phone shortly before noon that same day. Your cited explanation to me on the telephone at that time was that "You (John Kevin McMillan of Austin) may be over the threshold for public housing" (exact quote), since my own income level appeared to be higher than federal regulations specify for eligibility for living in a Section 8-subsidized housing unit through your housing authority in Austin, you stated.

One follow-up question for you I need to pose to you today, Mr. Howard:

Would you please explain to me in writing what prompted you to state to me on the telephone at 11:45 a.m. that same day, October 29, that even if I could myself qualify financially for federally-subsidized housing with your help on that in Austin, Texas, you could not offer me "safe housing" conditions for myself through that federally-subsidized housing facility for me in Austin, you stated.

"We do not necessarily provide that type (safe housing conditions for a tenant such as myself--- housing conditions without any alleged home-invasion-crimes perpetrator or alleged trespasser ever entering or being present inside my bolt-locked rental unit and without any personal-injury-crime being inflicted on me during my sleep by any alleged trespasser as I lie alone on my own bed, all of that having been the clearly-stated hoped-for future context for myself I had specifically discussed with you a second or two before this particular statement from you on the telephone)," you very candidly stated to me from your government office at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, October 29, 2019.

Mr. Howard, I would appreciate a reply note from you as soon as possible in which you kindly explain to me in writing why you currently believe that even if I myself were to ever qualify financially for federally-subsidized rental-housing for myself through the Travis County Housing Authority, that housing unit for me probably would NOT be "safe housing" conditions for me inside my own bolt-locked unit, according to yourself.

Thank you in advance for your helpful reply note to me on this.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,
from John Kevin McMillan, a law-abiding and honest, permanently drinking-alcohol-free, lifelong-tobacco-free, permanently-illicit-drug-free and anti-marijuana-minded, gainfully employed single adult Anglo male senior citizen gentleman currently residing in north Austin.
Home address ever since June 21, 2019:
Pebble Creek Apartments, 8805 North Plaza Drive, Apt. 2418, Austin, TX 78753.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
Cell phone: (512) 993-7305.

John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.