Thursday, December 25, 2008

Self-Praise a Nice Present to Give for Christmas

Of the presents that you can give to yourself on Christmas Day, self-praise is among the very finest.
Ours is a world in which we are each subjected to profane epithets, insults, scathingly critical evaluations, or unkind comments on a year-round basis.
It therefore makes particular good sense, and is a healthy antidote to that type of negativism, for you to develop a year-round habit of praising yourself for conduct and personal attributes that you admire the most and love the most in yourself.
Among my own best attributes are: honesty, generosity, idealism, consistent obedience of the law, consistent straightforwardness (I do not participate in pranks or anonymous communications, for instance), self-critical aptitude (for instance, I have a longtime tradition of volunteering job-related mistakes I make while on duty at my workplace to a work supervisor of mine), consistent civility (I last physically assaulted another person during my fourth-grade year of elementary school, in 1967, and that male classmate of mine did not have any need for hospitalization as a result of that incident), vigilance and devotion to crime-deterrence (in the last 11 years, I have officially filed or, in other cases, informally verbalized, hundreds of oral and written complaints about suspected possible illegal conduct by others, with the Austin Police Department, the City Attorney of the City Government of Austin, the Texas Department of Public Safety, the Travis County Sheriff's Office, the Travis County County Attorney's Office, officials of the State Bar of Texas state agency in Austin, the Office of the Attorney General of Texas Consumer Protection Division, the State Comptroller of Texas state agency, the Austin-based County Judge for Travis County Government, the Travis County District Attorney's Office in Austin, Williamson County government officials, the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., the United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., and the Federal Bureau of Investigation), and independent-mindedness (the non-Christian religion I founded in 1996 is still, to this day, a one-member, non-proselytizing, religion, with only one total approved member, myself, and I take great pride in having and voicing many fervent and independently-held political beliefs of mine, beliefs not cited by any of the candidates in the most recent 2008 Presidential election, that would definitely not have appealed to the vast majority of voters in the United States. I also admire and love my gentlemanly sense of humor, accompanied by a sense of satire. I also admire and love my certainty that I have far more emotional depth of affinity and empathy and enthusiasm and platonic-love energy toward a wide variety of individuals (depending on the individual) than do the vast majority of adult men in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.