Monday, December 29, 2008

Research Center for Interrelationships of Body Organs

I am very hopeful that some non-profit foundation will agree with me on the urgent need for establishment of a new medical research center somewhere in the world that:

exclusively studies and publicizes information about the medical-health effects on the body resulting from the the relationships between, and inter-dependence between, various organs of the body.

I am also hopeful that the proposed new Center for the Study of Inter-Relationships Among Bodily Organs, or some similarly named research institute, will sponsor the publication of an annually updated encyclopedia or medical guide exclusively focused on that very topic.

I have been fascinated in recent years to learn more (this from my leisuretime readings about medicine and conversations I've had with medical physicians and dentists) about the relationship between dental health and cardiovascular health, for instance. From what I have recently read in Austin, Texas, high blood pressure is often manifested through bleeding gums being observed when one brushes one's teeth at night.

Also intriguing to me is the sign posted inside the examining room of the medical clinic in Austin, Texas, where my primary-care physician is employed. That sign asks any and all cited diabetic patients to please remove their shoes and socks before being examined by a doctor there.

Until I recently learned about this here in Austin, Texas, I myself had never been aware that evidence of diabetes, and about its harmful effects on the entire body, can be identified by a physician through an examination of a patient's feet.

I am convinced that most Americans, myself among them, remain ignorant about the many very important ---- and potentially life-threatening ---- inter-relationships among the various bodily organs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.