Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ask Party Host In Advance if Drugs Will Be Present

One lifestyle tradition I strongly recommend for anyone these days, and particularly for younger persons, is to always ask the host of a party at the time when he invites you to that party,

"Can you tell me for certain in advance of your party whether there might be any illicit drugs, such as marijuana or cocaine, being consumed by yourself or anyone else attending your party?"

When I posed that type of polite and reasonable question on the telephone to a male adult party host in Austin back in 1997, that Stephen F. Austin High School (Austin (TX) Independent School District) alumnus candidly replied from his end of the phone line that he definitely expected that illicit-drug consumption by some or several of his party guests would, in fact, occur at that social party he was planning to host in Austin.

While I am grateful to that party host for having offered me that candid disclosure, which served as an invaluable warning to me, I of course could not attend the party under those unacceptable circumstances.

I politely declined his party invitation, and I have not spoken with that particular Stephen F. Austin High School (Austin (TX) ISD) alumnus in about 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.