Monday, December 18, 2023

My Urgent Plea Today to Utah House Majority Leader Mike Schultz for Currently Valid Utah License Plates on BOTH Sides of Motor Vehicles Being Driven by Permanent Residents of Utah

 I am very hopeful this public-safety letter of mine to Utah State Legislature House Majority Leader Mike Schultz will be persuasive:

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>

To: "Mike Schultz" <mikeschultz@le.utah.gov>, "Joe Dougherty (DHHS)" <joedougherty@utah.gov>, "Cameron Roden" <croden@utah.gov>, "mike.brown" <mike.brown@slcgov.com>, "Gay Lynn Bennion" <glbennion@le.utah.gov>, "mballard@le.utah.gov" <mballard@le.utah.gov>, "newsmedia@ldschurch.org" <newsmedia@ldschurch.org>, "Deseret News 2022" <dnweb@deseretnews.com>, "Aaafoundation Info" <info@aaafoundation.org>, "University of Utah Student Newspaper 2022" <press@chronicle.utah.edu>, "Drew Hadley" <drew.hadley@slcgov.com>, "todd.mitchell" <todd.mitchell@slcgov.com>, "chad.atkinson" <chad.atkinson@slcgov.com>, "dps-victimservices@utah.gov" <dps-victimservices@utah.gov>, "ut_webmanager@hud.gov" <ut_webmanager@hud.gov>, "Mike Weichers" <mweichers@ch.utah.gov>, "Paul Brenneman" <pbrenneman@ch.utah.gov>, "Paul A. Cutler" <pcutler@le.utah.gov>, "scott.stuck" <scott.stuck@slcgov.com>, "marie.stewart" <marie.stewart@slcgov.com>, "Fox News SLC 2022" <news@fox13now.com>, "Kimberly Foster" <kimberly.foster@wvc-ut.gov>, "Rori Andreason" <randreason@midvale.com>, "ryanwilcox@le.utah.gov" <ryanwilcox@le.utah.gov>, "ryan.vogel@uvu.edu" <ryan.vogel@uvu.edu>, "lish.harris@utahtech.edu" <lish.harris@utahtech.edu>, "Crimevictims GV" <crimevictims@utah.gov>, "National District Attorneys Assn Crime Prevention" <nbunn@ndaajustice.org>, "Univ of Utah Criminology Dir. Heather Melton" <heather.melton@soc.utah.edu>, "sociology@byu.edu" <sociology@byu.edu>, "byu-info@byu.edu" <byu-info@byu.edu>, "Attorney General of Utah" <uag@utah.gov>, "Attorney General of Utah" <uag@utah.gov>, "Uag" <uag@agutah.gov>, "Justice and Public Safety, NACO 2021" <bmattson@naco.org>, "County Council Member Bradshaw" <arbradshaw@slco.org>, "suharrison@slco.org" <suharrison@slco.org>, "llstringham@slco.org" <llstringham@slco.org>, "utahdistrict02@gmail.com" <utahdistrict02@gmail.com>, "Angela Romero" <angelaromero@le.utah.gov>, "Internships" <internships@romney.senate.gov>, "Joel_wellum" <joel_wellum@lee.senate.gov>, "ana.valdemoros@slcgov.com" <ana.valdemoros@slcgov.com>, "Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall 2021" <mayor@slcgov.com>, "mollysween@weber.edu" <mollysween@weber.edu>, "shellieweeks@weber.edu" <shellieweeks@weber.edu>, "Murrayschools Info" <info@murrayschools.org>, "mayor@murray.utah.gov" <mayor@murray.utah.gov>, "anielson@murrayschools.org" <anielson@murrayschools.org>, "amy.stutzenberger@uvu.edu" <amy.stutzenberger@uvu.edu>, "Utah Restaurant Association 2022" <info@utahrestaurantassociation.org>, "Utah State University Provost 2022" <provost@usu.edu>, "membership@utahretail.com" <membership@utahretail.com>, "jessica.abbott@utahtech.edu" <jessica.abbott@utahtech.edu>, "dmv@utah.org" <dmv@utah.org>

Sent: Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 7:55 PM

Subject: Public Safety Threat:UT Drivers w/o FrontLicensePlate

December 18, 2023

Dear Utah State Legislature  House of Representatives Majority Leader Mike Schultz,

Thank you again for your much-appreciated December 6, 2023, reply e-mail  note to me in which you invited me to write and send you additional letters in regard to public-policy-related  concerns of mine relating to Utah.

I myself am personally dismayed  by the many Utahn motorists --- possibly one in every three of the motorists in Salt Lake County, Utah, based on what I myself have observed --- who have chosen to drive their motor vehicle on the roadways of Utah without any official  currently valid Utah License Plate being displayed anywhere in the front part of their vehicle, whether near their front bumper or on their front windshield.

I myself very emphatically DO NOT trust and DO NOT ever agree to room with or ever share an apartment unit with or ever romantically  date or ever be a personal friend of  any motorist in Utah who as a permanent resident of Utah drives a motor vehicle in our state without automatically  providing anyone and everyone facing that motorist  on the roadway with full official verification  of his or her  own official currently valid Utah license plate on BOTH sides of his vehicle.

The  "no-front- license- plate" drivers in our state are intransigent  individuals who are very   sly, deceitful, secretive, evasive, suspicious, reckless, irresponsible, immature, stingy, arrogant, uncooperative,   and very defiant of public safety and law enforcement here in the Beehive State.

This unconscionable evasion from full  public accountability to other motorists, pedestrians, bicycle riders, and law-enforcement officers significantly undermines the ability of police officers, sheriff's office  deputies, and Utah DPS Highway Patrol troopers  here in Utah to solve crime cases as promptly as possible. 

The outrageous delays in crime investigations caused by the above-cited intransigent  Utahn motorists comprise a form of defacto obstruction of justice perpetrated by those irresponsible motorists----obstruction of justice that  costs taxpayers in Utah millions of dollars per year.

I myself  strongly suspect that a significant percentage of the Utahn motorists who drive around our state without an official currently valid  Utah license plate visible from the front side of their vehicle  are  privately confessing to one or more their friends, acquaintances,  relatives, neighbors, clergymen, or  associates of theirs a self-incriminating  "explanation" for their "no front license plate" conduct.

Among those possible confessions might be:

----"The cops (sic) may eventually obtain evidence linking me to one or more   violent felony crimes here in Utah.  My not having a valid Utah  front license plate on my car will make it harder for the cops  to match my vehicle to the one electronically surveillanced at a violent crime scene that occurred last month in West Valley  City, Utah."

---"Not having a front license plate on my vehicle is helping me to buy some  time so I can get this stolen car modified ASAP to look like another model, and I can put a fake license plate on this vehicle so it will look like an entirely different car from the one I stole last week here in Utah."

---"If I had put a valid Utah license plate on the front of my vehicle, this would have put me at increased risk of another motorist or a pedestrian calling the cops to complain that I am exceeding the speed limit by 10  miles per hour. It is against my religion to drive within the speed limit, since I'm a 'Hell on Wheels' Devil Worshipper."

----"By excluding any frontside license plate from being seen by anyone, I figure I am reducing by 50 percent or more my risk that any of the cops in Utah will ever do a background check on my license plate and discover that I am driving a stolen vehicle."

----"There are numerous warrants out for my arrest for parking ticket fees  I never paid. My keeping a low profile with this 'no front license plate' strategy of mine is helping me to stay out of the courtroom. I am somewhat  phobic toward judges. I feel much happier knowing that I won't be having to deal with any guy in a robe anytime soon."

---"A lot of the 'vigilant citizen' types scare me. They could  photograph my face and my parked vehicle's license plate,  if I had one, from the front side of my vehicle if they think my face looks suspicious when I'm starting  my ignition from the driver's side. Those vigilant citizen types  can't see much of me from the back side of my car, however. The most they can see from the back side is the bald spot on my head, and the majority of the men of my age group fit that description. There is no way a glimpse of  my bald spot from the back side is going to remind any private citizen of a mug shot on file with the cops that  the private citizen do-gooder has seen on the Internet. The chances of a private citizen who's driving behind me calling 911 to report my license plate number to the police is infinitesimally tiny, thank goodness."

House Majority Leader Schultz, I hope that my own  concerns about the many thousands of "No Front End ID" motorists of Utah will strike you as pertinent.

If you decide to ask the Utah State Legislature House of Representatives  to approve a new state law making it a felony crime in Utah for any permanent resident of  Utah   to drive a motor vehicle in this state without displaying  a currently valid Utah license plate on BOTH sides of his vehicle, I am one single adult gainfully employed permanent Utahn resident who will strongly support full enforcement of that new state law for our entire state.

Thank you again for your friendly style toward this particular youngest grandson of former Murray (UT) butcher shop owner Parley McMillan and his devoted LDS member wife, Mrs. Alice Mae Pugh (maiden surname) McMillan of Murray.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

former Texas DPS full-time staff member John Kevin McMillan, 535 South 200 East, Apt. 912, Ninth Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.

My cell phone: (512) 993-7305.

My home phone: (801) 355-0850.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.