Friday, September 8, 2023

My Brainstorming Letter today to Salt Lake City Police on how to Reduce Incidence of Suspects Resisting Arrest


----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>

To: "marie.stewart" <marie.stewart@slcgov.com>, "slcpdpr@slcgov.com" <slcpdpr@slcgov.com>, "SLCPD Outreach" <slcpdoutreach@slcgov.com>, "leo.abila" <leo.abila@slcgov.com>, "chad.atkinson" <chad.atkinson@slcgov.com>, "Crimevictims GV" <crimevictims@utah.gov>, "Attorney General of Utah" <uag@utah.gov>, "Uag" <uag@agutah.gov>, "Cameron Roden" <croden@utah.gov>, "dpscontact@utah.gov" <dpscontact@utah.gov>, "Utah Peace Officers Association 2022" <homeupoa@gmail.com>, "Univ of Utah Criminology Dir. Heather Melton" <heather.melton@soc.utah.edu>, "SLCPD Outreach" <slcpdoutreach@slcgov.com>, "amanda.capps" <amanda.capps@slcgov.com>, "Utah Chiefs of Police Assn 2021" <vshupe@utahchiefs.org>, "todd.mitchell" <todd.mitchell@slcgov.com>, "slsheriffpio@slco.org" <slsheriffpio@slco.org>, "dpscontact@utah.gov" <dpscontact@utah.gov>

Sent: Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 1:36 AM

Subject: If a perceived  'imposter' states he is 'SLCPD officer'

September 8, 2023


Dear Salt Lake City Police Department (SLCPD) Officers and Representatives,


I was reminded today of one of the possible underlying explanations why many of the crime suspects here in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the most recent 10-year period have resisted arrest by a SLCPD officer.


It seems likely that many of the crime suspects here in this state-capital city for Utah question whether the self-identified Salt Lake City Police Department officer seeking to handcuff them is actually an imposter with alleged criminal intent toward that cited suspect.


Many of the crime suspects here in Salt Lake City are very aware of being members of an illicit organized crime group that a rival gang in town  seeks to harm. Many of the local  crime suspects may  experience intense fear that a local  illicit gang they view as their "enemy" might,  according to those suspects, send a "fake cop" or "'bribed cop' taking his orders from  a rival crime gang"  to  allegedly  harm themselves in person.


Your noble and high-integrity municipal police department seeks to encourage all crime suspects here in Salt Lake City to cooperate fully with any SLCPD officer in uniform seeking to handcuff and  arrest themselves.


Do any of you SLCPD officers have any advice to offer crime suspects in town who do not believe that the self-identified police officer seeking to arrest themselves is who he says he is?


Also, which pertinent questions or pertinent  requests for information do you regard as  reasonable for a cited "crime suspect" here in Salt Lake City to pose to a self-identified police officer?


For instance, which of the following questions or requests for information do you recommend that a crime suspect either should ask or request  or should NOT ask or request from  a self-identified SLCPD officer seeking to arrest that suspect:


---Would you please show me your badge confirming that you are an authorized municipal peace officer here in Utah?

----Would you please tell me and show me your official badge number for SLCPD?

---Would you please show me your SLCPD patrol car?

---Would you please tell me your job title and the division or unit of SLCPD that you work for and officially  represent?

---Is there any other factual information you can offer me in order to completely convince me that you are who you say you are?

---Which division or unit of SLCPD do you work for and represent, and who is your immediate supervisor and the head of your SLCPD Division or unit?

---Do you plan to read me my Miranda Rights? I have always assumed that all of you SLCPD officers routinely volunteer  to a crime suspect his  legal rights before you  handcuff that suspect.

---Do you have a Civil Rights officer for SLCPD who could drive to this location as soon as possible?

---Since you yourself are not in uniform, do you mind if I ask you to please have an on-duty SLCPD officer who IS in uniform drive to this location in order to assist you in  arresting me? I am posing this question because I want to be completely sure that you yourself officially represent and officially  serve the Salt Lake City Police Department.

---May I ask the exact criminal charge that you plan to arrest me for, and the city and date of the alleged incident?

---Are you willing to confirm for me in person that you currently are in  radio communication with a SLCPD Dispatcher?

---Which specific warrant for my own arrest do you plan to arrest me for today, and which law enforcement agency officially  obtained that warrant for my arrest?

----Since I myself reside in a rural area of Salt Lake County, would you please clarify for me whether the offense for which you seek to arrest me today is under the jurisdiction of the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office or SLCPD?

----Since I myself reside in Cottonwood Heights, a municipality of Salt Lake County outside of Salt Lake City, could you please clarify for me whether it is SLCPD or that other city's police department that has the legal jurisdiction to arrest me?


I hope this brainstorming letter is helpful to your excellence-minded and innovative   Salt Lake City Police Department as you strive to significantly reduce the incidence of local  crime suspects who resist arrest by an SLCPD officer.


Sincerely and Best Wishes,

former Texas Department of Public Safety state agency full-time employee and current Salt Lake County restaurant-industry employee John Kevin McMillan.

My solo-occupancy fully locked rental-home address ever since June 1, 2022:

 535 South 200 East, Apt. 912, Salt Lake City,.UT 84111.

My cell phone: (512) 993-7305.

My home phone: (801) 355-0850.



Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.