Monday, May 8, 2017

CITY HALL OFFICIAL JASON LOPEZ CONFIRMS ON MAY 8, 2017, THAT AUSTIN DISTRICT 10 CITY COUNCIL MEMBER ALISON ALTER HAS IMPOSED A PERMANENT BAN ON ANY AND ALL DIRECT COMMUNICATIONS FROM MYSELF, AUSTIN DISTRICT 10 RESIDENT JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN, TO COUNCIL MEMBER ALTER OR ANY OF HER OWN DISTRICT 10 STAFF MEMBERS



On Monday, May 8, 2017 7:02 PM, John McMillan wrote:

To: Jason Lopez, Policy Adviser to Austin District 5 City Council Member Ann Kitchen, with your office phone number at City Hall being: (512) 978-2105.

May 8, 2017

Dear Jason,

As a gainfully employed, law-abiding, and tax-paying resident of Austin District 10, I appreciate your having taken the time this afternoon to yourself directly and on my behalf contact the City Council office of my own duly-elected District 10 City Council member, Dr. Alison Alter, at City Hall in downtown Austin.

As you may recall, Jason, Dr. Alter in her successful 2016 bid for election to the Austin District 10 City Council position she has held ever since January 6, 2017, repeatedly emphasized that she is a public- policy expert.

Candidate Alter repeatedly distributed campaign brochures and flyers informing all residents of District 10, myself among them, that she earned a PhD in Political Economy and Government from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and that she is also an alumnus of Stanford University in the Palo Alto area of California.

As you may recall, Jason, in the follow-up 4:21 p.m. phone conversation I had with you today, which followed the brief phone conversation I had with you at about noon today about this issue, you informed me that a male front-desk staff member for Council Member Alter whom you directly contacted for me this afternoon, had confirmed to you as fully accurate the report I had myself received on March 9, 2017, from a City of Austin official, "Community Liaison" James Turner of the Austin Police Department "Crisis Intervention Team", about a ban on me by Council Member Alter.


In particular, APD Senior Police Officer James Turner stated to me in person on March 9 during an on-duty unannounced APD visit he made to my Village Oaks apartment unit that Council Member Alter herself prohibits me (District 10 resident John Kevin McMillan) from ever again directly contacting either herself or any of her current District 10 City Hall staff members, or her husband, Jeremi Suri, a University of Texas at Austin professor employed in both the UT-Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs and the UT-Austin History Department.

"They (Council Member Alter and her District 10 City Hall staff) prefer that you contact them through (APD) Officer (James) Turner" (exact quote), you stated to me in our phone conversation that began at 4:21 p.m. today.

You also mentioned, in response to a question from myself in that second phone conversation we had today, that the cited request by City Council Member Alison Alter and her staff that I myself refrain from ever again directly contacting any of them, applies to any and all issues or concerns or topics, including public-policy-related topics not referring to crime reports or crime-related topics, that I might ever seek to inform or ask my District 10 City council member about.

For the record, no City Hall official with whom I have spoken on the telephone in recent weeks has ever at any time cited to me any other case (other than the current case involving myself only) under the new District system for electing Austin City Council members, in which an Austin City Council member directly representing and directly serving any given district has imposed a ban on any and all phone calls or e-mail letters or letters or office visits to that Council member's City Hall office by a cited resident of that same district of this state-capital city of Austin.

As I indicated to you in our second phone conversation today, I myself maintain that the ban imposed on me by Council Member Alter may allegedly or possibly violate my own legal rights and Constitutional rights as a tax-paying and gainfully-employed, honest, permanently-alcohol-free and always-sober, vigilant and law-enforcement-minded, single Anglo male District 10 resident of Scottish-English-German ancestry. I might add that I myself do not have any criminal-conviction record, and I am NOT under the custody of any law-enforcement agency. Nor are there any pending criminal-law charges against me.

Jason, please let me know as soon as possible if the Council member whom you serve, District 5 Council Member Ann Kitchen, ever wants me to give a brief in-person televised speech before Austin City Council in which I express my own concern about possible legal-liability to the City from this defacto "disenfranchisement" policy that I maintain that Council Member Alter has allegedly instituted in regard to myself.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan, a resident of Austin proper ever since mid-March 1997.
My home address ever since late September 2015:
Village Oaks Apartments (a NW Austin apartment complex reportedly owned and managed by a for-profit corporation that's headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts), 10926 Jollyville Road, Building 9, Apt. 902, Austin, Texas, 78759.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My Blog: John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda
John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda
Observations for a rationally religious and implicitly deistic modern religion, public-policy writing, creative ...


John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.