Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A FINDING I HAD TONIGHT FROM ONLINE RESEARCH: AUSTIN POLICE OFFICER VERONICA SALDATE IS THE POSSIBLE HEAD OF CRIME PREVENTION SERVICES FOR THE AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT

 I did some online research tonight to find out who the official Crime Prevention Coordinator is for the City Government of Austin (TX) or Austin Police Department.

The first link that appeared on my computer screen was to the Austin Police Department "Crime Prevention Services" unit.


A brief listing of Crime Prevention programs such as Neighborhood Watch was then cited.
"For more information, please call Veronica Saldate by phone 512-974-4735 or by email."
APD Officer Veronica Saldate's official e-mail address with the Austin Police Department is "veronica.saldate@austintexas.gov".
It is not clear to me whether APD Officer Saldate holds the official or unofficial job title of Crime Prevention Coordinator for the City of Austin. I will need to call her to find out. I have contacted Officer Veronica Saldate before, but not with that focus on whether she is the citywide Crime Prevention Coordinator. I had contacted her before because I had read that she was a community liaison for the Austin Police Department.
As founder of the crime-prevention-minded and politely non-Christian one-total-approved-member (still only me) "Progressive Prohibitionist Religion", I am hopeful that possibly each municipality in Texas and the USA will consider designating an official or police officer in that city as their "Citywide Crime Prevention Coordinator".
I hope the Texas Legislature this session will consider asking the City of Austin "Crime Prevention Services" officer, Officer Veronica Saldate, to testify before a legislative committee on how the statewide crime rate can be reduced with help from stronger and better-funded crime-prevention services.
I plan to do some online research tonight to find a YouTube presentation that APD Officer Veronica Saldate in which she explains to the general public the various strategies she is pursuing to help prevent violent crime and other types of crime in Austin, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.