Sunday, May 31, 2020

IS THE OFFICE OF POLICE OVERSIGHT FOR THE CITY OF AUSTIN AN EFFECTIVE AND HELPFUL GOVERNMENT AGENCY HERE IN THIS STATE CAPITAL CITY OF TEXAS?


When I filed a civilly-worded legal complaint in 2019 in regard to Austin Police Department Sex Crimes Unit head administrator Sergeant Sandra Benningfield, APD's Office of Police Oversight assigned me an official complaint ID number but took no action and did not even interview me.

I was very disappointed by the unhelpful style toward myself, an honorable permanently-drinking-alcohol-free, longtime-celibate, lifelong-tobacco-free, and gainfully-employed Anglo male criminal-law complainant, by the Office of Police Oversight under the current "leadership" style of Farah Muscadin.

I might add that I as a complainant was never even granted any opportunity at any time to speak directly with OPO Director Muscadin. Nor did that office ever schedule any in-person meeting with me at any time during her current tenure as director.

Nor did Austin City Manager Spencer Cronk ever indicate to me that he was dissatisfied by OPO's "response" to my written complaint. Mr. Cronk is the administrator for the City of Austin who directly supervises Ms. Muscadin and the OPO.
Her office's only noteworthy 2019 reply note to me:

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: OPO Police Oversight

To: John McMillan

Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 09:56:46 AM CDT

Subject: RE: Your complaint was submitted successfully.

Hello,

Your complaint # is 2019-1056.

Our office has no legal authority.

Regards,

Office of Police Oversight
______
https://smcorridornews.com/austins-office-of-police-oversight-releases-end-of-year-report/?fbclid=IwAR2Ver5FBUkjrgM_4zbTd-g_3iFu230deGnj2LF9Vu0DdTN5x2MIJixM4jU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.