Wednesday, June 22, 2016

GANNETT BROADCASTING CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS OFFICIAL IN VIRGINIA IN 2014 ACCEPTS E-MAIL LETTER OF COMPLAINT AGAINST NORTHWEST AUSTIN-BASED KVUE TELEVISION STATION ASSISTANT NEWS DIRECTOR MICHELLE CHISM




(NOTE: SINCE THE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS STAFF FOR GANNETT BROADCASTING IN VIRGINIA CHOSE NOT TO WITHDRAW THE REJECTION OF MYSELF BY KVUE TELEVISION STATION OF AUSTIN, TEXAS, I HAVE OF COURSE FULLY HONORED KVUE ASSISTANT NEWS DIRECTOR MICHELLE CHISM'S REJECTION OF ME ON BEHALF OF HER LOCAL TELEVISION NEWS STATION IN AUSTIN, TEXAS. IN REGARD TO MS. CHISM, I READ AN ONLINE NEWS ACCOUNT ABOUT HER TONIGHT WHICH STATED THAT SHE LEFT KVUE IN AUSTIN AFTER ONLY TWO YEARS THERE AS ASSISTANT NEWS DIRECTOR. THE ONLINE ACCOUNT ALSO STATED THAT Ms. CHISM JOINED A TELEVISION STATION IN BALTIMORE, MARYLAND. THE ONLINE ACCOUNT THAT MENTIONED HER, WRITTEN BY AN 'AUSTIN AMERICAN-STATESMAN' STAFF MEMBER, DID NOT STATE WHAT Ms. CHISM'S JOB TITLE IN BALTIMORE IS, OR WHETHER Ms. CHISM IS STILL EMPLOYED BY GANNETT BROADCASTING.--- jkm)

(Subject:) courtesy reply note sought from Gannett Broadcasting Rep. Kathy Burns

(From:) John McMillan

To kaburns@gannett.com

(Date and Time:) 07/16/14 at 1:57 PM

To: Gannett Broadcasting Corporate Headquarters Representative Kathy Burns in Virginia.

July 16, 2014

Dear Ms. Burns,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me on the telephone on Thursday, July 10, 2014, about the very surprising oral statement to me earlier that day by Michelle Chism, Assistant News Director for the Gannett-owned and ABC-TV Network-affiliated television station situated in northwest Austin.

I am referring to the statement that very rude Ms. Chism made to me on behalf of KVUE in which she forbade me from myself ever again contacting KVUE at any time.

As you may recall, you promised me in our long-distance phone conversation that you would promptly contact the KVUE Station manager and ask that KVUE official in Austin to send me a follow-up note about citedly unprofessional conduct toward me by Ms. Chism --- conduct by Ms. Chism that you yourself criticized in my one total telephone conversation with you.

I have not yet received any apology letter from the KVUE station manager. Were you able to contact that station manager for me in order to clarify for KVUE that Gannett Broadcasting welcomes story ideas from me and Gannett will give full consideration to covering the cited crime story (see below for the most recent update on that crime case, a news story that KVUE could and should have covered, in my opinion) in which I myself am the victim.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,
John Kevin McMillan, a former full-time Naples bureau reporter for a Gannett newspaper in Florida, the "Fort Myers News-Press."
My home address: 11411 Research Boulevard, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My Blog: htttp://www.johnkevinmcmillan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.