Sunday, June 5, 2016

CITY GOVERNMENT OF AUSTIN IN AUSTIN, TEXAS, ON JULY 28, 2014, ACCEPTS E-MAIL PUBLIC-INFORMATION REQUEST IN REGARD TO ANY CITY-APPROVED VARIATIONS OR OTHER POSSIBLE VARIATIONS FROM THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING CODE FOR BUILDING 3 AND APARTMENT 325 AT 'wiIND RIVER CROSSING' APARTMENTS IN NORTHWEST AUSTIN




From: John McMillan

To: City of Austin Open Records Coordinator ; City of Austin Public Info Rep. Godfrey ; James Willett ; Richard Jalowy ; U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Devlpt (TX regional office) ; U.S. Dept of Justice ; Federal Bureau of Investigation San Antonio Div. Austin office ; U.S. Department of Homeland Security ; Tara Long ; CBS News '60 Minutes' Editors and Reporters <60m@cbsnews.com>; Kurt Verhulst ; "craig.watkins@dallascounty.org" ; Travis County District Attorney ; Travis County District Attorney Major Crimes and Narcotics Division Jennifer McCleary

Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 1:59 AM

Subject: 7-28-14 City Open Records re: Bldg. 3 at Wind River Crossing Apts.

July 28, 2014

Dear Open Records Coordinator for the City Government of Austin in Austin, Texas,

This is a Texas Open Records request in which I seek to obtain from you a copy of any records on file with any applicable office of the City Government of Austin that refer to any variation or variations from the City of Austin's building code or the State of Texas's building code or federal building code having ever at any time or in any year been requested from the City or State or U.S. Government by a realty company or landlord or property owner or apartment manager or realtor or apartment construction company or real estate developer or surveyor or individual or government agency or corporation or media company or other business entity or other entity------or having been approved by any governmental agency at any time---- in any context relating to one or more cited apartment units or sections of what is now Building 3, or to all of what is now Building 3, at Wind River Crossing Apartments in northwest Austin.

Also as part of this Open Records request, I seek a copy of any records on file with any applicable office of the City of Austin that refer to any finding or report issued by any City of Austin building inspector or any other City of Austin official at any time since January 1, 1990, which stated that or more apartment units of Building 3 at Wind River Crossing, or one or more design features or other features of any portion of Building 3 at Wind River Crossing, were in possible or definite alleged or likely violation of the state or municipal or federal building-code or law; or were possibly either "unsafe" or not properly "secured" or possibly "dangerous" or "hazardous" in any way for one or more occupants or tenants in or visitors to that unit or to those units, or for any occupants or tenants or visitors to any portion of what is now Building 3, at that apartment complex.

Wind River Crossing Apartments, which were apparently built in the early 1980s, are situated at 11411 Research Boulevard, Austin, Texas, 78759.

I myself have been an apartment management-team-approved official tenant and official single adult male occupant in Apartment 325, a top-floor, vaulted-ceiling, one-bedroom, four-total-room, approximately 400-total-square-feet, rental apartment unit in Building 3 at Wind River Crossing, ever since January 2002.

The amount of total height and square-footage of siding that is situated both above the ceiling of Apartment 325 and below the roof for this apparently western edge portion of Building 3, appears to be very large in size.

Wind River Crossing Apartments in northwest Austin are apparently owned (?) and managed by Westdale, a for-profit multi-state realty corporation reportedly headquartered in Dallas, Texas.

Ever since mid-2011, and including in 2014, a variety of officers of the Austin Police Department (APD) have each emphatically stated to me over a multi-year period during on-duty visits of theirs to Apartment 325 in response to crime reports from me, that NONE OF my dozens of crime reports to APD during that multi-year period about alleged intruders having somehow illegally entered my private bedroom during periods when I myself was sleeping alone and lying unconscious on my own bed in my bedroom, have ever at any time provided APD with any convincing "illegal point of entry" into my bolt-locked apartment unit or into my bolt-locked bedroom, APD officers have repeatedly stated to me inside my apartment unit.

Numerous APD officers during the last three-year period have repeatedly during on-duty visits of theirs to my apartment unit (Apt. 325) either ridiculed or denounced as "delusional" on my part my numerous polite statements to those APD officers that possibly an illegal intruder or illegal trespasser into my bolt-locked apartment unit and into my bolt-locked bedroom during my sleeping hours, may have allegedly entered my apartment unit from possible crawl space situated above my apartment unit, or from below my unit through a possible point of entry originating from a first-floor unit of Building 3.

Several on-duty APD officers during the last three-year period have also emphatically stated to me that the massive seven-foot-tall and six-feet-wide sliding glass door that leads directly into my bedroom of Apartment 325 from an outdoor balcony connected to an outdoor staircase, is in fact, being kept properly locked by myself, and could not possibly have comprised an alleged illegal point of entry into my bedroom, several on-duty APD officers have stated to me emphatically inside my bedroom in recent years.

Several on-duty APD officers have also repeatedly emphasized to me that since I myself cannot show them any broken or busted glass in that particular sliding glass door, and since the front door to my bolt-locked apartment unit is not busted or smashed, and none of the other locked windows to my apartment unit are broken or shattered, this demonstrates conclusively to APD that no illegal point of entry into Apartment 325 by any intruder or trespasser could have possibly occurred, those APD officers have repeatedly stated to me inside my apartment unit in the last three-year period.

Thank you in advance for your very thorough and authoritative reply letter in response to this public-information request from myself. I hope to hear from you soon.

Finally, please let me know as soon as possible if you ever sense that the administrative processing fee you plan to charge me for responding to this public-information request from myself might exceed $10.

That information from you will then enable me to modify my request in order limit the financial expense I incur from submitting this request to $10 or less.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

John Kevin McMillan, a dependably civil and law-abiding, single adult white male resident of Austin, Texas, on a continuous and uninterrupted basis ever since mid-March 1997.
My home address: 11411 Research Boulevard, Wind River Crossing, Building 3, Apt. 325, Austin, Texas, 78759.
Home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My Blog: http://www.johnkevinmcmillan.blogspot.com/

John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.