Monday, May 16, 2011

Plea to Employers: Your Civic Duty to Offer Paid Time Off to Employees for Crime Reporting They Pursue Off Duty (or During Lunch Break)

If I were an employer, I would insist on offering up to two weeks of paid leave time per year to any and all of my employees, part-time or full-time, who during their lunch break or off-duty hours had witnessed a possible crime or possible evidence of crime (a suspicious vehicle, for instance) and who courageously and vigilantly called a law-enforcement agency to report that incident.

Employees of mine would also be expected to promptly contact their workplace and explain in advance that because they are in the midst of reporting possible evidence of crime to a law-enforcement agency, they expect to themselves be late for work or late returning to work that day.

In this way, I could ensure that the company I owned contributed significantly toward crime prevention and apprehension and prosecution of criminals in the city or metro area where my business was situated.

I would also, of course, provide paid leave of absence to any employee of mine who had been asked to testify in a court of law on behalf of the prosecuting attorney for a criminal-law courtroom trial.

It seems obvious that vigilant employees who seek to courageously uphold law-abiding conduct by all American citizens and all visitors to the United States should be generously rewarded in this way.

In fact, as owner of a company of my own I would also insist on offering an annual "Vigilant Crime-Fighting Employee of the Year Award" and generous $1,000 financial reward to the employee of mine whose report or reports to a law-enforcement agency had contributed the most toward crime deterrence in the most recent 12-month period.

As an employer, I would also make it very clear to all of my employees that I refused to let any of my employees during working hours inside their workplace ever criticize a coworker or a work supervisor for "being a NARC"---someone, in other words, who in a very law-abiding and honorable and very nobly and courageously manner seeks to deter crime in our city and metro area and state and nation and world.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.