Sunday, December 23, 2018

THE ONE TOTAL JANUARY 16, 2017, E-MAILED PUBLIC-POLICY QUESTION FROM ME TO MY DULY-ELECTED DISTRICT 10 AUSTIN CITY COUNCIL MEMBER, THE HARVARD-TRAINED AND STANFORD-TRAINED PUBLIC POLICY EXPERT Dr. ALISON ALTER, THAT PROMPTED HER AND STAFF MEMBERS OF HERS TO WRITE SEVERAL E-MAILS SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE FROM AN ASSISTANT AUSTIN CITY MANAGER FOR PUBLIC WORKS AND INFRASTRUCTURE WHOSE JOB DESCRIPTION APPARENTLY DOES NOT DIRECTLY RELATE TO THE TOPIC AREA OF MY QUESTION, WHICH WAS: 'COUNCIL MEMBER ALTER, DO YOU SUPPORT FULL AND YEAR-ROUND FREEDOM FROM CRIME FOR ME ON A 24-HOUR-A-DAY-BASIS INSIDE MY LOCKED PRIVATE BEDROOM OF MY BOLT-LOCKED RENTAL APARTMENT UNIT IN NORTHWEST AUSTIN?'


(EDITOR'S NOTE: Mr. ROBERT GOODE IS THE ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER OF AUSTIN WHOM MY DULY-ELECTED CITY COUNCIL MEMBER FOR DISTRICT 10, Dr. ALISON ALTER, CHOSE TO REPEATEDLY CONSULT IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO THIS PUBLIC-POLICY QUESTION FROM ME.

THAT PARTICULAR CITY OFFICIAL PRESIDES OVER PUBLIC WORKS AND TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES FOR THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF AUSTIN. Mr. GOODE ALSO PROVIDES OR DIRECTLY SUPERVISES A STAFF LIAISON FOR THE 'AUSTIN ENERGY' CITY OF AUSTIN ELECTRICITY DEPARTMENT. 

Mr. GOODE'S JOB DUTIES DO NOT INCLUDE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF THE AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT. THAT RESPONSIBILITY LIES WITH AUSTIN ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER REY ARELLANO, A FILIPINO-AMERICAN GENTLEMAN WHO PREVIOUSLY PRESIDED OVER PUBLIC SAFETY FOR THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA.)

From: Alter, Alison 
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:56 PM 
To: Goode, Robert 
 Subject: FW: 1-16-17 urgent question for my new rep. on the City Council 

"Any further guidance on this?"
____________
From: Goode, Robert 
To: Alter, Alison 
Subject: RE: 1-16-17 urgent question for my new rep. on the City Council 
Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:04:00 PM 


"I recommend that you stay silent and not respond."
_______
On Jan 28, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Alter, Alison wrote: 
"Robert,  Can you please provide further guidance to my office on how to respond to this gentleman? I know you had advised me that city officials were aware of this matter and to not respond. I was not aware that my staff was also receiving these messages until now."
Thanks, 
Alison Alter
 _____
From: Goode, Robert 
To: Alter, Alison 
Cc: Rivera, Osiel; Cadena-Mitchell, Kurt; Diaz, Elaine; Carvell, Kyle 
Subject: Re: Harvard alum Council Member Alter silent on apt. security issue 
Date: Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:13:47 PM 

"I see a few options. 1) continue with silence...however, he may still send out emails berating you for that silence. 2) reply. Since he has stated that he has been assualted, you could refer him to APD (Austin Police Department). You certainly can't investigate his claims, so you should refer him to the correct agency to handle these claims. If you choose alt 2) I can find the correct contact for the referral. 
"With that said, I'm guessing that either alternative will still lead to continued communications for awhile. But, if you refer him to APD, the next time he contacts your office, you can stay with that path and just repeat that your office can't investigate his assault claims.
"I will get you a contact for APD and relay that to you."
Robert Goode 
Assistant City Manager 
_____________

From: Cadena-Mitchell, Kurt

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 1:25 PM

To: Rivera, Osiel; Diaz, Elaine; Carvell, Kyle

Subject: RE: Harvard alum Council Member Alter silent on apt. security issue

Kyle,
Thanks for your follow‐up phone call on this the other day. Do you have a specific person/phone number we should
refer him to with APD?

Best,
Kurt Cadena‐Mitchell
Policy Advisor
Austin City Council Member Alison Alter, District 10
512‐978‐2207

_________

Carvell, Kyle
From: Carvell, Kyle
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 2:55 PM
To: Cadena-Mitchell, Kurt; Rivera, Osiel; Diaz, Elaine
Cc: Goode, Robert
Subject: RE: Harvard alum Council Member Alter silent on apt. security issue
"Kurt,
"According to my colleagues here in CMO, you can refer Mr. McMillan to the APD Crisis Intervention Team, Sgt. Michael King for follow up. We will contact Sgt. King and ask him to call Mr. McMillan on the Council Member’s behalf, if you like?
"Thanks,
"Kyle"
______


(EDITOR'S NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS THE CITED JANUARY 16, 2017, E-MAIL LETTER FROM ME THAT APPARENTLY PROMPTED REPEATED CONSULTATION OF ASSISTANT CITY MANAGER ROGERT GOODE BY MY DULY-ELECTED CITY COUNCIL MEMBER FOR DISTRICT 10, Dr. ALISON ALTER:) 

From: John McMillan [mailto:mcmillanj@att.net]

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 10:12 AM 

To: Alter, Alison ; Rivera, Osiel ; (and numerous other cited recipients, including to then-Interim Austin Police Chief Brian Manley at an e-mail address of "Brian.Manley@ausps.org" that I was provided at that time by a City of Austin official).

".....Council Member Alter, your temporary assistant, Osiel Rivera, did helpfully state to me on January 12 (2017) or January 13 (2017), during a phone call I made to your City Hall office, that he himself supports full freedom from crime for myself inside my locked private bedroom ---a private bedroom where I ALWAYS sleep ALONE on a bed I myself own, I myself being a longtime-celibate-by-choice, single-by-choice, always-sober (no alcohol consumption or any illicit-drug consumption) and lawfully-nonChristian gentleman --- on a 24-hour-a-day-basis inside my current two-bedroom, two-bathroom rental apartment unit in northwest Austin (an apartment that I currently share with one total official roommate, a strictly-platonic new roommate for me who is an older gentleman....).

"In my phone conversation with your temporary assistant Mr. Rivera, he also stated to me that he could not speak for yourself on that cited issue

"Council Member Alter, do you yourself also agree with Mr. Rivera's very recent statement to me on that very important quality of life issue for myself?"


1 comment:

Please Leave Your Comments Here.