Monday, April 16, 2018

UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA HUBERT HUMPHREY SCHOOL PUBLIC-POLICY PROFESSOR JAMES RON --- HIMSELF AN EXPERT ON 'INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS' ISSUES AND ON 'POLITICAL VIOLENCE', ACCORDING TO AN ONLINE PROFILE OF HIMSELF AT THE OFFICIAL HUMPHREY SCHOOL WEBSITE IN MINNEAPOLIS --- ON APRIL 16, 2018, WRITES AND SENDS POLITELY-WORDED REJECTION NOTE TO MYSELF, UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GRADUATE SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM ALUMNUS AND LINCOLN, NEBRASKA NATIVE JOHN KEVIN McMILLAN OF AUSTIN, TEXAS


On Monday, April 16, 2018 5:47 PM, James Ron wrote:

Please stop sending me these emails.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2018, at 5:31 PM, John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> wrote:

A respectful FYI to each of you kind civic leaders, former classmates or schoolmates, and friendly former or current coworkers or work supervisors of mine on the following polite reply e-mail note (last item, below) I received earlier today from an official of Yale University Law School's Constitutional Rights legal-assistance clinic in New Haven, Connecticut.

Also, please find (below) the entire exact text of my April 11 online request to Yale for legal aid from their law school, along with my reply e-mail letter (below) to the cited Yale Law School official that I wrote and sent today.

Thank you again to each of you for your much-appreciated conveyed support for my First Amendment legal rights and other Constitutional rights, including privacy rights for me during my off-duty hours, in Austin, Texas.

With Friendly Best Wishes,
from former Texas Restaurant Association dues-paying individual member and former Minneapolis resident and former "New Ulm (MN) Journal" full-time professional newspaper reporter John Kevin McMillan of NW Austin.
My home phone: (512) 342-2295.

____________
On Monday, April 16, 2018 3:12 PM, John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> wrote:

To: Yale University Media Freedom & Information Access Clinic official representative and Yale Law School First Amendment Lecturer Hannah Bloch-Wehba in New Haven, Connecticut.

April 16, 2018

Dear Professor Bloch-Wehba,

Thank you for your polite reply note (third item, below) to me earlier today in response to the request for legal assistance that I recently submitted online (second item, below) to your highly-regarded legal-services clinic at Yale University.

I should mention that I have already filed a legal complaint, along with supporting documentation I provided to that organization, through ACLU attorneys in Houston against Austin City Manager Spencer Cronk and the City Government of Austin in this state-capital city of Texas.

Professor Bloch-Wehba, do you know of any other non-profit group or legal-services clinic you might recommend that I directly contact in order to myself file an additional legal complaint through that group or legal-services clinic against City Manager Spencer Cronk and the City Government of Austin?

Sincerely and Best Wishes,
civil-law complainant and criminal-law complainant John Kevin McMillan.
My home address: Village Oaks Apartments, 10926 Jollyville Road, Apt. 1609, Austin TX 78759.
My home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My Blog: John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda
John Kevin McMillan: A 21st Century Conservative Left-Wing Agenda
Observations for a rationally religious and implicitly deistic modern religion, public-policy writing, creative ...
_________

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:38 PM, "noreply@law.yale.edu" <noreply@law.yale.edu> wrote:

Submitted on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:38pm

Submitted by anonymous user: 172.69.68.235

Submitted values are:

First Name: John

Last Name: McMillan

Email Address: mcmillanj@att.net

Phone Number: 512-342-2295

Description of the Request:

I would appreciate any legal assistance that the Yale Media Freedom and Information Access Clinic is willing to offer me.

I allege that the City Government of Austin in Austin, Texas, has allegedly disenfranchised me by denying me my First Amendment legal and Constitutional right to petition my duly-elected City Council member for the district of Austin in which I reside---District 10.

I am a tax-paying, dependably civil and law-abiding and honest, gainfully-employed, adult single gentleman and longtime Austin resident.  I might add that I myself do not have any criminal-conviction record, and there
are no pending criminal-law charges against me.

Despite all of this, on March 9, 2017, a designated representative for the City Government of Austin, Austin Police Department (APD) Senior Police Officer James Turner, visited my apartment unit in the District 10 section of Austin and informed me in person that I was myself prohibited from ever again directly contacting my District 10 representative on the City Council, Dr.
Alison Alter, or any of her staff members.

No reason for this request has been provided to me by the City Government of Austin at any time.

Officer Turner also warned me during that daytime visit he pursued on his own initiative to my apartment unit, that if I were to myself attempt to contact my duly-elected City Council member, Dr. Alter, or any of her staff members, or Dr. Alter's husband, University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs and History Department Professor Jeremi Suri, about any subject or
issue of any type, APD might arrest me and charge me with the alleged crime of harassment of one or more of those cited individuals, Officer Turner indicated.

I have since been informed by two or more City Government of Austin officials that they are not aware of any other resident of Austin who has been prohibited by the City from directly contacting his or her duly-elected
representative on the Austin City Council from their district of Austin.

I strongly suspect that the allegedly Unconstitutional defacto disenfranchisement action against me by the City Government of Austin was prompted by alleged religion-related antipathy and prejudice toward me and my one-member (myself, only) and non-Christian "Progressive Prohibitionist Religion", an implicitly-deistic, non-atheistic, prayer-less, and factual-minded new religion I myself founded in Texas that is
anti-drinking-alcohol, anti-tobacco, anti-marijuana, 
anti-illicit-drugs, anti-facial-hair, anti-tattoos, anti-rape-minded, anti-personal-injury-crimes-minded, opposed to thought-control projects, opposed to fraudulent communications, opposed to stalking, and very opposed
to anonymous communications violating the privacy rights of the person being subjected to those anonymous communications against his wishes.

I might add that I have legal-evidence documentation on behalf of my contention that the City Government of Austin under City Manager Spencer Cronk has refused to revoke the alleged disenfranchisement policy imposed on me by the City on March 9, 2017.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:

https://law.yale.edu/node/11815031/submission/8601
____
On Monday, April 16, 2018 9:39 AM, "Bloch-Wehba, Hannah" <hannah.bloch-wehba@yale.edu> wrote:

Dear Mr. McMillan,

Thank you for reaching out to the MFIA Clinic. I regret to inform you that the Clinic is unable to provide you with any assistance at this time. The Clinic receives many requests for assistance and, unfortunately, is unable to field them all.

Best,
Hannah

--
Hannah Bloch-Wehba
Clinical Lecturer in Law | Stanton First Amendment Fellow | Research Scholar
Media Freedom & Information Access Clinic
Yale Law School
(203) 436-5824

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.