Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Stand-Up Comedy Skit About Austin, Texas

If I were a stand-up comedian here in Austin, I would devote an entire stand-up comedy skit to the city of Austin. My skit might sound something like this:
"Austin, Texas, is the only city I know of where when you see smoke in the air, you immediately suspect it came from a marijuana party.
"Austin is so marijuana-crazed, in fact, that I have often wondered why we don't have any church building in this city that's shaped and painted to resemble a giant marijuana leaf.
"It would be the sort of new religion that regards a marijuana-induced high as being the greatest spiritual adventure that any member of that church could ever achieve during his lifetime.
"It would be the sort of church where the communion service consists of the pastor handing a marijuana reefer to the congregation. Each member would then be asked to inhale briefly and then pass that religious reefer on to the next member."
"The communion would also feature the passing of special divinely-blessed brownies on which the congregation members could munch with the greatest of piety."
"That communion would then be followed by a special 'Show and Tell' service in which each member of that New Religion congregation with a new tattoo on his body would be invited to stand in front of the congregation and reveal exactly why his body is now, more than ever, the Temple of the Lord.
"'My most recent tattoo on my chest shows Christ just before he was crucified,' that ardent Modern Religionist might declare. 'It makes me all the more devoted to being as Christ-like as possible throughout my life---no matter how many enemies I have trying to nail me to the cross.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.