Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lifelong Education Strategy: Develop First-Rate Reference-Books Library in Your Residence

One of the best ways to achieve a successful lifelong-education strategy in your own life, and in the life of any other members of your immediate household, is to establish a varied and extensive Reference-Books Library inside your residence.

Inside my own private residence in northwest Austin, I have made that goal a leading priority of mine during my leisuretime. I purchased nearly all of my one-volume reference books at a very low price, since they were either used books on sale at a store such as Goodwill, or used or new books I found at a Half-Price Books bookstore.

Among the titles of one-volume reference books, many of them paperbacks, that I currently own and am keeping on the bookshelves of my private residence are: "The Macmillan Visual Dictionary," "The Macmillan Visual Almanac," "Oxford Family Encyclopedia," "Ultimate Visual Dictionary," "The Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual," "QPB Dictionary of Ideas," "Encyclopedia Britannica Almanac," "The Dictionary of Global Culture," "The New York Times Almanac," "The World Almanac," "Texas Handbook," "The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy," "The Cambridge Factfinder," "The Handy Science Answer Book" from Barnes & Noble, "The Oxford Picture Dictionary," "Time Almanac," "The Cambridge Encyclopedia," "Information Please Almanac," "Birds of North America" by Golden Press, "Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine," "Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations" from Barnes & Noble, and "Webster's Concise Dictionary."

My extensive home reference-books library enhances my ability to hone my intellect and glean fresh insights during a period of my life in which I am no longer a college student or graduate student.

My reference-books library also gives me invaluable reference materials I can consult or quote from when I pursue freelance journalism inside my residence. So the reference books library will help me to increase my total annual income---a very tangible benefit to me.

I hope to someday join an American Home Reference-Library Association that promotes development of a helpful and extensive personal reference library inside one's own residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.