Monday, April 1, 2024

The Encouraging Initial Reply Letter Letter to Me on March 29, 2022, That Was Written and Sent To Me By Cottonwood Heights (UT) Assistant Police Chief Paul Brenneman

 The much-appreciated reply letter I received from Cottonwood Heights (UT) Police Department Chief Paul Brenneman on March 29, 2022:

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Paul Brenneman" <PBrenneman@ch.utah.gov>

To: "John McMillan" <mcmillanj@att.net>

Sent: Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 6:24 AM

Subject: Re: [EXT:]3-29-22 re: crime prevention officers of Utah


Mr. McMillian (typographical error noted here by myself, John Kevin McMillan),

I am currently away from the office. I would be happy to have a conversation and answer your questions when I return on Friday. I will reach out then.

Regards,

Paul Brenneman


Sent from my iPhone


On Mar 29, 2022, at 00:28, John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> wrote:

March 29, 2022

Dear Utah DPS Public Information Official Cameron Roden,

Thank you again for your very recent friendly reply letters to me in regard to a public-safety and law-enforcement issue I had cited to you. As you may recall, I had asked you whether it is legal in Utah for a motorist to drive his motor vehicle with a pet dog on that motorist's lap.

Does your state law-enforcement agency currently employ a full-time or part-time certified peace officer or other staff member who primarily or exclusively promotes crime prevention and crime deterrence here in Utah?

Also, do you know of any other state agency in Utah or any local law-enforcement agency in Utah that currently employs a part-time or full-time crime-prevention (or crime-deterrence) officer or staff member?

I was reminded to pose these questions to you after I spoke on the telephone this Monday morning, March 28, with a polite female support-staff supervisor for the Cottonwood Heights (UT) Police Department who stated her name as "Candy". 

Candy stated to me that she herself is not aware of any specially designated officer for that municipal law-enforcement agency whose duties primarily or exclusively are focused on crime prevention. "They (each of the officers of the Cottonwood Heights Police Department) all do the crime prevention...," Candy added.

Candy also stated to me at about 10:41 a.m. Mountain Time this Monday, March 28, that I myself would need to speak with her department's Assistant Police Chief, Paul Brenneman, for authoritative information in regard to whether there are any officially designated crime-prevention officers currently employed by that municipal law-enforcement agency in Salt Lake County, Utah.

Candy then forwarded my phone call to the telephone-service extension for Assistant Chief Brenneman. I then responded to a recorded-message voice-mail greeting from himself by leaving a polite voice mail message requesting a return phone call from Assistant Chief Brenneman on the above-cited subject.

Utah DPS Official Roden, I hope to hear from you soon about this important crime-deterrence-related issue currently facing numerous law-enforcement agencies in Utah.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,

former Texas DPS full-time employee and current Salt Lake County resident John Kevin McMillan. My date of birth: 4-27-1957. My place of birth: Lincoln, Nebraska.

My current home address: 6819 South 1300 East, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121.

My home phone: (801) 942-2122.

My cell phone: (512) 993-7305.


John Kevin McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.