Tuesday, May 7, 2019

IF I WERE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT TODAY, I WOULD:


---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates of mine who DO NOT consume any tobacco product and who also exhibit an anti-tobacco orientation. From that group of classmates, I could then identify some or several schoolmates who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate from high school.

---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates who are consistently honest and straightforward and exhibit a respectful style toward me in which they choose not to subject me to any pranks or criminal mischief. From that group of fellow students, I could identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate from high school.


---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates who at any time in the most recent three-year period gave me advice of any type that I now believe was significantly helpful to me. From that group of fellow students, I could identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate.

--Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates of mine who volunteered to me factual information or referrals that I now regard as having been significantly helpful to me. From that group of fellow students, I could identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate.

---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates of mine who pose questions to the teacher during class that I regard as being especially good and helpful questions. Those questions indicate to me that that particular classmate has intellectual curiosity and is incisive---traits that would be very good in a prospective friend. From the group of classmates posing especially good questions to the teacher during class, I could identify some or several classmates who might make very good mutual-consent long-term or lifelong personal friends for me after I graduate.

---Keep a list of the classmates or schoolmates who consistently offer me the the best eye contact when they talk with me in person on our campus. Their eye contact can convey kind interest and respect toward myself. From that group of good-eye-contact schoolmates, I could identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate.

---Keep a list of the classmates of schoolmates of mine who consistently smile at me in an apparently natural and sincere manner while talking with me in person on our campus. From that group of schoolmates, I could identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for myself after I graduate.

---Keep a list of the classmates or schoolmates of mine who appear to be calmer while talking with me in person than they are while talking with most other schoolmates of theirs. That very tranquility could convey the message to me that they possibly feel more confident and more attentive while talking with me. From that group of schoolmates, I could identify some or several who might make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends, including after I graduate from high school.

---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates who directly state to me or indicate to me that they support privacy rights for myself and others, and that they support my and others' full range of Constitutional rights, including Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Speech involving NON-anonymous communications, and Freedom of Mutual-Consent Association. From that group of freedom-loving and respectful schoolmates, I could identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate.

---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates who virtually never verbalize any profanity of their own in their everyday conversations with me. From that group, I could then identify some or several schoolmates who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate.


---Keep a list of classmates of schoolmates  of mine who choose not to address me or refer to me using a nickname for myself that I regard as unkind or unflattering, and who, if they do address me or refer to me using a nickname, cite a nickname ("Mr. Goody Two Shoes", for instance) that I regard as being somewhat or very appreciative toward me.

---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates of mine who appear to drive in a consistently conscientious and obedience-of the-law-minded manner when they are behind the wheel of an automobile. From that group of students, I might identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term personal friends for me after I graduate from high school.

---Keep a list of classmates or schoolmates who virtually never indicate to me at any time that they themselves knowingly violate the law or knowingly violate the policies of our school or school district. From that group of schoolmates, I could then identify some or several who MIGHT make very good mutual-consent long-term prospective personal friends for me after I graduate.


---Keep a list of honest, polite classmates or schoolmates who indicate to me that they have a similar long-term career interest to my own. From that group of schoolmates, I could then identify some or several who might make very good "career-related contacts" for me after I graduate. In the meantime, we could also share brainstorming ideas with each other relating to how to succeed in that particular career. If their career preference was humor-writing, for instance, I might mention to them that there is a "Cap City Comedy Club", phone number 512-467-2333, that possibly offers occasional live-comedy performances that might contain G-rated humor appropriate for a high school student. I could also do some factual research to verify when G-rated live-comedy performances are being offered in that particular theater located in north Austin at 8120 Research Boulevard, Suite 100, near Lamar Boulevard. 

---Keep a list of each current classmate or schoolmate of mine whose name appears in more than one list of the above-cited types. The schoolmates fitting that description are likely to be the very best prospective long-term mutual-personal friends for me, both during my high school years and after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.