Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Is there an American Poster Art Museum?

Those of us who love poster art as a way of enhancing the interior decor of our residence face an inevitable question:

Where is the American Poster Art Museum?

If there is one, I myself have never heard about it; but I have not pursued any research on that subject, either.

I love the idea, in any event, of an American Poster Art Museum---a museum presenting the history of American Posters as well as modern trends in American Posters.

It would be the type of innovative museum highlighting a genre of art that's accessible and communicative, often with a political or poetic written message.

Poster art can feel marvelously intimate, helping to dramatically transform and add a cheerful outlook to a homeowner's or apartment dweller's personal niche.

The best art posters, from what I have found in my own poster-collecting hobby, are posters with human faces that evoke a smile from myself when I walk past them. They are posters highlighting vicarious roommates or vicarious housemates---individuals who, though I never meet them in person, lift my morale.

I feel delighted by poster artworks of mine presenting wholesome photographs of fashionably-attired and youthful as well as stylish adult gentlemen and ladies. Those stylish individuals being photographed evoke a deeper affinity for themselves through their serenity, healthful good looks, refreshing athleticism, gracefulness, creativity, spontaneity, and zeal.

Another advantage to Poster Art is its financial affordability. Those who choose poster art as an alternative to purchasing a painting can save thousands of dollars during this time period in which most Americans are financially strapped.

I'm hopeful, in fact, that a traveling "Great American Poster Art Show" will be sponsored in numerous American cities in 2009. A traveling art show of that type might give Americans the chance to purchase an art work (a poster featuring a nice and expressive and and admirably athletic person's smile, for instance) that clearly cheers them up.

I would also expect that an American Poster Art Connoisseurs Association might get established during this period of widespread financial crisis that heightens one's appreciation for inexpensive artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.