Wednesday, April 1, 2020

THE MUCH-APPRECIATED FRIENDLY MESSAGE TO ME THAT I RECEIVED TODAY FROM YOLANDA EDRINGTON, DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL SEXUAL VIOLENCE RESOURCE CENTER IN HARRISBURG, PENNSYLVANIA:

This friendly e-mail letter (below) I received today from the female Director of the National Sexual Violence Resource Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has given me grounds for hope today after I was again awakened repeatedly in the middle of my sleep this morning as I lay ALONE --I ALWAYS SLEEP ALONE --- on my own bed inside my bolt-locked and fully-secured solo-occupancy apartment unit, Apartment 2418 in Building 17 at Pebble Creek Apartments, 8805 North Plaza Drive in north Austin. According to my bedside standard diary, I was abruptly awakened during my sleep this morning at roughly 3:30 a.m.; 6:45 a.m; 7:40 a.m.; 9:20 a.m.; and, later, at 10:40 a.m. I had gone to bed at about 2 a.m. after taking a bath. Generally when I am awakened in the middle of the night I hear the faint sound of music playing from a nearby apartment unit---which always strikes me as very odd at that hour of the night.

Some of the usual symptoms of an illegal hidden intruder in my bolt-locked apartment unit that I again experienced this morning: discomfort in my anus (despite my high-fiber diet and despite the fact that I DO NOT have anal cancer), and an urgent need to urinate. I made three or more trips to the bathroom this morning after being awakened abruptly with no intruder visible, and I did confirm each time that my front door was bolt-locked and locked properly.

One difference this morning: I did not make any note in my bedside standard diary this morning about any unpleasant nasal-inhalant sensation in my nostrils, which I generally do note in my diary after being awakened abruptly again in the middle of my sleep (I DO NOT OWN OR USE ANY NASAL INHALANTS!) ---
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Yolanda Edrington, NSVRC Director
To: John McMillan
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:06:04 AM CDT
Subject: Thank you for your commitment, John


NSVRC Logo

Welcome 2


The movement to end sexual violence is growing every day - which is why I'm so appreciative that you've signed up to join the survivors, advocates, and allies who make up NSVRC's online community.


I thought you'd be interested in exploring and getting involved in our work:


Find Resources: Visit our website for resources for survivors, friends and family, advocates and educators, or the media and press.


Spread the Word: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for shareable content.


Stay Informed: Explore our library of 42,000 titles on sexual violence, prevention, and related topics.


Make a Donation: Your financial support helps our work and makes a positive impact on the lives of survivors and communities across the country.


Thank you again for your commitment to moving this work forward. Together, we can change the culture and create a future free of sexual violence.


Warmly,


Yolanda Edrington Yolanda Signature 2
Yolanda Edrington


NSVRC Director


SubscribeResourceseLearningStoreDonate
New Privacy PolicyNew ContactNew TwitterNew FacebookNew InstagramNew LinkedinNew Youtube
National Sexual Violence Resource Center © Apr 1, 2020 11:04:18 AM All rights reserved.
Founded by the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
This project is supported by Grant / Cooperative Agreement No. 1UF2CE002359-05 from
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors
and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Update Profile | Update Email Preferences | Forward to a friend | Visit our website | Unsubscribe
Powered By Blackbaud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.