Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A WAY TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY MONTH AND BIRTHDAY: PURSUE SOME ONLINE RESEARCH ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WAS SERVING AS U.S. PRESIDENT ON THE DAY WHEN YOU WERE BORN


Since April is my birthday month, and 1957 is the year I was born, and Dwight D. Eisenhower was the U.S. President when I was born, I decided today to celebrate my own birthday month by Googling the following question in the hope of finding a good answer:
"what did dwight eisenhower do right as u.s. president".

My thinking was that it makes good sense during my birthday month to appreciate some admirable character traits of my birthday President, President Eisenhower, and some very fine accomplishments from President Eisenhower that occurred on the day or month when I was born---or at any time during his eight-year tenure in the White House.

I personally feel that any American citizen can benefit from pursuing some online research to identify SOMETHING they admire, even if it is an impressive character trait or an inspirational quote from that political leader or one accomplishment of his, about the individual who was U.S. President at the time and day when the above-cited American citizen was born.


(Any American citizen born on November 22, 1963, might want to admire BOTH of the respective political leaders who served U.S. President on that tragic day in which President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, with Vice President Lyndon Johnson sworn into office that same day after the death of President Kennedy.)

Since I am also politically minded, this research helps me to boost and strengthen my own self-identity as a strong contributor to the political and cultural and religious scene. The online question about Eisenhower that I posed today also gives me the opportunity to embrace the day and month and year and decade when I was myself born, and the nation (USA) and U.S. state (Nebraska) where I was born as a U.S. citizen.

I had forgotten that Eisenhower himself was born in Texas. Odd how this historical fact can fade from one's memory. So President Eisenhower does have that in common with U.S. President Lyndon Baines Johnson. This means that Texan-born political leaders in the 1950s and 1960s served as U.S. President for a total of 13 years and two months --- from January 1953 until January 1961; and from late November 1963 until January 1969.

One fact about Eisenhower I already knew is that he kept a daily diary or daily journal while in office as U.S. President. I have to admire his diligence in seeking to promote in his own presidency a daily sense of tangible accomplishment.

To my surprise, the first item that appeared on my computer screen from my online question of "what did dwight eisenhower do right as us president", was a very flattering mini-biography of President Eisenhower---offered at the official website for the White House in Washington, D.C.:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/presidents/dwight-d-eisenhower/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.