Wednesday, June 3, 2020

THE ONLINE REPLY I WROTE TO A CITED RESIDENT OF MY SECTION OF TOWN EARLIER TODAY AT NEXTDOOR.COM FOR MY ZIP CODE OF 78753


...Two other elective officials who wrote me back on this point (the safe-housing public-policy issue for me), then-Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt and then-State Senator Kirk Watson of Austin, each sent me reassuring reply letters earlier this year in which they each stated to me in writing that they DO support safe housing conditions for me, with the clear context I had specifically cited to each of them having directly referred to any and all of my own sleeping hours as I lie ALONE on my own bed inside my bolt-locked and fully-secured current efficiency apartment unit in north Austin.

I regard it as alarming that NO City Government of Austin official and, so far, no current official of the U.S. Government, has been willing to send me a reply note stating that he or she supports safe housing conditions for me during my sleeping hours.

I am a gainfully-employed, law-abiding, longtime celibate permanently-drinking-alcohol-free and permanently-illicit-drug-free, anti-marijuana, anti-cocaine, anti-tobacco-minded, Anglo adult senior-citizen gentleman, and I very emphatically DO NOT WANT ANYONE but me inside my always-fully-locked current efficiency apartment unit at ANY time during my own sleeping hours.

The January 8, 2020, reply letter to me from then-County Judge Eckhardt:

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Sarah Eckhardt
To: 'John McMillan'
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 03:45:19 PM CST
Subject: RE: [CAUTION EXTERNAL] 1-8-20 urgent safe-housing-related question from a constituent

Mr. McMillan,

Yes, I support safe housing for everyone.

-SE

From: John McMillan
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:40 PM
To: Sarah Eckhardt
Subject: [CAUTION EXTERNAL] 1-8-20 urgent safe-housing-related question from a constituent

January 8, 2020

Dear Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt,

One respectful follow-up question for you from a permanently drinking-alcohol-free, permanently-illicit-drug-free, gainfully-employed, single Anglo adult male senior-citizen gentleman residing in your countywide district of Travis County, Texas:

Do you support safe housing conditions for me in which I am able on a daily and year-round basis to keep any and all persons OTHER than myself away from any portion of the interior of my bolt-locked current solo-occupancy efficiency rental-apartment unit throughout any and all of my own sleeping hours or napping hours or bedtime hours?
___
The January 3, 2020, reply I received from then-State Senator Kirk Watson, who resided at that time in Austin:

Kirk Watson
To: John McMillan
Fri, Jan 3 (2020) at 12:05 PM

Mr. McMillan,

Yes, I support safe housing for everyone.

Best,
Sen. Watson
____

From: John McMillan
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:08 AM
To: Kirk Watson ; Keysha Walcott ; TWC Ombudsman ; Office for Victims of Crime (U.S. DOJ) ; Hernandez Sally [TCSO] ; sandra.benningfield@austintexas.gov; Fbinaa Info ; U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (2015) ; Sheryl Cole ; Darla Dixon ; Governor's Office of Texas Open Records Administrator ; Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt ; Texas DPS Office of General Counsel ; U.S. Department of Homeland Security ; Texas Association Against Sexual Assault Atty Kaiser 2016 ; CountyAttorneyDavidEscamilla ; City of Austin City Attorney Anne Morgan ; Texas Legal ; Rey Arellano ; Austin Mayor Steve Adler ; Spencer Cronk ; Margaret Moore ; David Maxwell ; Patsy Spaw ; District 4 ; ACLU ; Texas Rangers Division of DPS ; central_texas@cruz.senate.gov; U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Devlpt (TX regional office) ; Travis County Commissioner Brigid Shea ; Commissioner Jeffrey Travillion 2019 ; Justin Holland ; Patrick B. Howard ; texasrealtors ; Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts ; Doc Webmaster ; Gerald Daugherty ; Texasadvocacyproject Info ; Austin Board of Realtors-Govt. Relations ; sarah@nshhcoalition.org; Joyfulheartfoundation Info ; Gina Hinojosa ; Dwayne Bohac ; Ghbc Info ; National Crime Victim Law Institute (Lewis & Clark Law School Portland Oregon) ; Bnaibrith Info ; Austin American-Statesman Managing Editor John Bridges ; Wind River Crossing GM Ann Coker ; TRA General Counsel Kenneth Besserman ; National Center On Elder Abuse ; Donna Howard ; Rabbinic Call for Human Rights (NYC) ; Williamson County (TX) Attorney (2016) ; Cedar Park (TX) Police (2016) ; Javier Cansino ; Erin Zwiener ; takebackhope@tlsc.org; Federal Law Enf. Officers Assn ; AARP ; APD Interim Police Chief Brian Manley ; John Bucy ; Austin City Council Member Ann Kitchen (2016) ; Don Zimmerman District 6 Northwest Austin ; Garnet F Coleman ; James Talarico ; district9@austintexas.gov; State Comptroller Criminal Investigations Division Chief Martin Cano ; Kyle Biedermann ; Public Information ; Austin City Auditor QA Coordinator (2016) ; Texas Apartment Association ; Sociology Prof. Jim Nolan West Va. University ; Jeff Pender ; Travis County Auditor Patti Smith 2019 ; shawn.dick@wilco.org; Dave Mahoney ; Mike Henderson ; Andre Adams ; Safeaustin Info ; Piper Stege Nelson

Subject: 12-28-19 urgent question for Senator Watson

Dear Senator Watson,

Thank you for your recent response to my public-information request I submitted to you, with a legal document from you that you provided me indicating that in your opinion, the the Austin Police Department is the law-enforcement agency legally responsible for protecting my own personal safety inside my current solo-occupancy apartment unit during my sleeping hours.

One follow-up question for you:
Do you yourself personally support safe housing conditions for me inside my current solo-occupancy efficiency apartment unit in which any and all persons OTHER than me (John Kevin McMillan, a gainfully employed and law-abiding longtime-celibate-by-choice, single-by-choice, adult white Anglo-Saxon male senior-citizen constituent of yours) ARE THEMSELVES KEPT AWAY FROM ANY PORTION OF THE INTERIOR of my bolt-locked and fully-secured apartment unit throughout any and all of my own sleeping periods or my own napping periods as I lie alone, asleep and unconscious and probably also snoring, on a bed I myself own inside the only bedroom of my current efficiency rental apartment unit in north Austin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.