Monday, February 19, 2018

PRAISE FOR THE 'PEANUT-BUTTER BROWNIE' AT THE 'BLUE BAKER' BAKERY AND PIZZERIA LOCATION NEAR THE ARBORETUM


I was delighted this Monday evening by the flavor and texture of the inexpensive "peanut-butter brownie" I purchased in the "Blue Baker" location near the Aboretum in northwest Austin.


That brownie combines the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate in a very agreeable manner.

Price was only $2.75.

The "Blue Baker" company was reportedly established in College Station, Texas, and now has one location in Austin, Texas.


That Austin location is situated at 10,000 Research Boulevard near Great Hills Trail----on the northeastern edge of the Arboretum shopping center. The office phone number for that "Blue Baker" location is: (512) 346-2583.

This is the first example I myself can recall of a "culinary trend" that began in the hometown for Texas A&M University's main campus, College Station, and spread to Austin, the hometown for the main campus of the University of Texas.

I should keep in mind, though, that the Aggies are famous for their "fish frying event" fund-raisers, and possibly that was a culinary tradition that has been influential in Austin as well.

In my own life, I am under doctor's orders to refrain from eating ANY deep-fried foods on any occasion for the rest of my life. So the "Aggie fish-fry tradition" will not play any role in my own life in the year 2018 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.