Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Aphorisms and Observations for Daily Living

One of my religious beliefs is that I should regularly revise, update, and add to a special blog of mine I share with others that contains suggested principles for living or aphorisms for living, based on what I have observed in my own life:

---Many Americans say that they prefer not to pursue athletics or exercise, since that physical activity would increase their risk of sustaining a medical injury.
But the alternative, a sedentary lifestyle, is even more injurious in the long run. A sedentary lifestyle harms a person through the internal "injury" to the body resulting from the hardening of the arteries and resulting heart disease.

---If I were a woman and I encountered a handsome and medically healthy, youthful adult gentleman who appealed to me, I would immediately ask myself, "What would my reaction be if I had an unwanted pregnancy from having mutual-consent sex with this gentleman in which the contraception failed?" If my reaction would be one of considerable indignation and dismay and anger, I might choose not to even consider agreeing to have a romantic date with that gentleman. I might instead choose a strictly-platonic personal relationship with him, provided that he is receptive to it; and then, several months down the road, I might be able to better determine whether romantic receptiveness to him would be appropriate at that future date.

---Always remember that in your own life, regardless of your age, you are the most important person. This is true regardless of what media companies tell you, regardless of what the President of the United States tells you, and regardless of what your relatives or housemates or professional associates tell you. Your awareness about being the most important person in your own life should not in any way undermine your ability to be fully empathetic, fully generous, and fully appreciative of others, or your ability to respect and honor the legal rights of others.

---Freedom of speech and Freedom of Association and Freedom of Religion, freedoms that the U.S. Constitution assures you of having, help explain why you enjoy full freedom of self-determination in your own life. You can set your own priorities, and live a very good and happy life accordingly.

----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.