Friday, November 23, 2018

EXPLANATION TO PROPOSED VOLUNTARY PAYMENT OF FEES TO MEMBERS OF THE CLERGY OF OTHER DENOMINATIONS



My hope is that my integrity-minded and honorable non-Christian "Progressive Prohibitionist Religion" (PPR) will be so conscientious that it will generously offer to pay a fee to each member of the clergy of another religious denomination for whom a paragraph or two from a sermon or book written by that clergyman is used by my own religion in a fully attributed context.

The intent behind this stipend offer to members of the clergy of other denominations would be:

---to highlight my own religion's strong support for freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

---to highlight my own religion's commitment to rewarding excellence, and strong devotion to a fair-minded meritocratic tradition.

---to highlight the crucial point that my own religion is strengthened from making the best possible use, in a context fully compatible with my own religion's distinctive religious and political ideology, of impressive insights and salient factual information that clergy members in other denominations have offered or shared in written form.

---to politely underscore the point that my own religion is only able to use a paragraph or two from each of the sermons written by members of the clergy of other denominations. My own religion is factual-minded and eschews abstract nouns of conventional religion such as "God" or "Allmighty" or "Holy Spirit" or "Holy Ghost" or "hell" and"heaven" as expected afterlife destinations for human beings.

---to underscore the point that my religion seeks to help boost PPR members' brainpower and intellectual vitality.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.